- 100% home delivery/takeaway remained at a nascent stage of development in 2012, having only appeared in Vietnam in 2010 with the arrival of Domino’s Pizza (Imex Pan Pacific Group Inc) and the launch of Pizza Hut Express (Pizza Hut Vietnam Ltd) shortly after. The number of 100% home delivery/take away outlets remained very low compared to other consumer foodservice categories. In total, there were seven Domino’s Pizza and four Pizza Hut Express outlets in 2012. Furthermore, all of these are located in crowded high-end residential areas in Ho Chi Minh City only. This type of service was negligible in other regions of Vietnam.
- Domino’s Pizza (Imex Pan Pacific Group Inc) continued to dominate the 100% home delivery/takeaway category with a 64% share of total value sales in 2012. The remainder was accounted for by its direct competitor, Pizza Hut Express (Pizza Hut Vietnam Ltd). Three new Domino’s Pizza outlets were opened at the end of the review period, giving it seven to Pizza Hut Express’s four. Most Domino’s Pizza outlets are located in crowded residential areas of Ho Chi Minh City. Furthermore, one of the new outlets opened in 2012, called Domino’s Pizza Khanh Hoi, was considered as one of Domino’s finest restaurant, built based on the model “Pizza Theatre”, which allows customers a cinematic view of the food preparation process. With a new modern design, the company used stylised red colour and vivid images, to generate interest amongst consumers. Additionally, the company is planning to open 20 more outlets over the forecast period. As a result, the company strengthened its leadership in 2012 and is expected to further develop in the forecast period.
- 100% home delivery/takeaway is projected to witness a constant value CAGR of 31% over the forecast period. This growth rate will be due to the category’s emergence from a low base, as well as the strong potential of this service in Vietnam. The increasingly busy lifestyles of consumers and the rising trend towards Westernisation in Vietnamese culture are the key factors supporting the high value CAGR of this category. Furthermore, Domino’s Pizza and Pizza Hut are expected to continue to increase their number of outlets at a fast rate, in order to leverage their first-mover advantage. However, the launch of such new outlets is set to remain focused on major cities such as Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway Market Research Report
Sample 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway industry in Vietnam with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway industry in Vietnam, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Vietnam market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Vietnam?
- What are the major brands in Vietnam?
- What is the most popular cuisine type in home delivery/takeaway in Vietnam?
- How have independent pizza 100% home delivery/takeaway brands competed against chained brands?
- What new products have seen the most success for pizza or other types of 100% home delivery/takeaway operators?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Foodservice market research database.
Table of Contents
100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Vietnam - Category Analysis
- Table 1 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway by Category: Units/Outlets 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales in 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway by Category: Number of Transactions 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales in 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway by Category: Foodservice Value 2007-2012
- Table 4 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway by Category: % Units/Outlets Growth 2010-2012
- Table 5 Sales in 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway by Category: % Transaction Growth 2010-2012
- Table 6 Sales in 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway by Category: % Foodservice Value Growth 2010-2012
- Table 7 GBO Company Shares in Chained 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway: % Foodservice Value 2008-2012
- Table 8 GBN Brand Shares in Chained 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway: % Foodservice Value 2009-2012
- Table 9 Forecast 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway by Category: Units/Outlets 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Sales in 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway by Category: Number of Transactions 2012-2017
- Table 11 Forecast Sales in 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway by Category: Foodservice Value 2012-2017
- Table 12 Forecast 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway by Category: % Units/Outlets Growth 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales in 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway by Category: % Transaction Growth 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Sales in 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway by Category: % Foodservice Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Foodservice in Vietnam - Industry Context
Economic downturn negatively affects the overall performance of foodservice
Concerns about food safety standards grow
Chained business model becomes more popular in foodservice industry
A positive outlook for Vietnamese consumer foodservice
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Promotional activity grows more intense, especially among chained restaurants
Vietnam pays more attention to food safety as well as healthy meals
International chained fast food strengthens its presence in Vietnam
Local brands continue to expand in full-service restaurant category
Takeaway and home delivery continues to grow
National consumer expenditure
- Table 15 Consumer price index on Food and Consumer Foodservice 2005-2011
Trade association statistics
Other published national data source
- Table 16 Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice 2007-2012
- Table 17 Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice: % Growth 2007-2012
- Table 18 Consumer Foodservice by Independent Vs Chained: Units/Outlets 2012
- Table 19 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Eat in vs Take-away vs Home Delivery: % Foodservice Value 2012
- Table 20 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Food Vs Drinks Split: % Foodservice Value 2012
- Table 21 Sales in Consumer Foodservice by Location: % Foodservice Value 2007-2012
- Table 22 GBO Company Shares in Chained Consumer Foodservice: % Foodservice Value 2008-2012
- Table 23 GBN Brand Shares in Chained Consumer Foodservice: % Foodservice Value 2009-2012
- Table 24 GBN Brand Shares in Chained Consumer Foodservice: Units/Outlets 2012
- Table 25 Forecast Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice 2012-2017
- Table 26 Forecast Units, Transactions and Value Sales in Consumer Foodservice: % Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 1 Research Sources