- In 2012, the Brazilian car rental industry continued to prosper, with average transaction prices maintaining positive growth, and demand being stronger than ever. Aside from benefiting from the fact that Brazilian travellers are increasingly opting for car rental over other types of transportation to explore final destinations, car rental also capitalised on pre-event arrangements. According to trade sources, the infrastructure development to prepare for the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games is pushing demand for “mini leases” and “monthly leases” across the country. These entail rental periods of a month or longer, which are not categorised as fleet rentals.
- Localiza Rent A Car continued to lead car rental in Brazil in 2012 with a 42% value share. Such a strong presence in a highly fragmented market such as Brazil is only possible because Localiza has a large network and a high degree of penetration. Its network comprises 446 outlets operating in Brazil, which is more than Unidas Rent A Car, The Hertz Corp and Avis Rent a Car System combined.
- Car rental in Brazil is expected to continue to see strong dynamism, as the leading players aggressively expand their geographic reach and promote products and services more intensely in a bid to convince Brazilians that renting a car is a viable and relatively inexpensive option when travelling. This is expected to result in strong constant value growth of 42% over the forecast period, to reach sales of R$3.9 billion at constant 2012 prices in 2017. The number of car rental transactions is also expected to continue increasing over the forecast period, to reach 20 million by 2017.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Brazil with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Brazil, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Brazil market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Brazil?
- What are the major brands in Brazil?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Brazil - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Car Rental in Brazil - Company Profiles
Localiza Rent A Car SA in Travel and Tourism (Brazil)
- Summary 1 Localiza Rent A Car SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Localiza Rent A Car SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Localiza Rent A Car SA: Competitive Position 2012
Travel and Tourism in Brazil - Industry Context
Brazil realigns its strategy to enhance tourism flows
Brazil under pressure
A new giant rises in air transportation
Domestic versus international destinations
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Legislative environment – open skies agreement on hold
Online travel sales show strong growth
- Summary 4 Most Popular Travel Websites in Brazil – December 2012
Brazil under pressure to conclude all infrastructure work
- Summary 5 Infrastructure Projects Status at Brazilian Main Stadiums as of May 2013
Air transportation sees increased consolidation in Brazil
Brazilians flock to the US
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 7 Research Sources