- Despite the efforts of car rental companies in Bulgaria to attract alternative clients, the main stream of consumers in 2012 still came from inbound tourists visiting the Black Sea resorts and business travellers. Bulgarian consumers rarely rent cars, except in May, when the majority of high school proms occur and parents rent expensive car models for their children. Moreover, the majority of Bulgarian families own a car and usually use it for their travels, rather than renting. On the other hand, a large proportion of inbound tourists come with arranged excursion groups and stay in all-inclusive hotels and rarely take trips to the country side, for which they would need to rent a car. As a result, the major clientele for car renting companies in Bulgaria are people interested in alternative forms of tourism and explorers and travellers who want to visit neighbouring countries such as Turkey or Greece.
- Hertz Bulgaria remained the undisputed sales leader within car rental in 2012, accounting for 48% of total value sales and 25% of all car rental transactions. Hertz benefits from its international reputation and the loyalty schemes it offers to customers as well as its well maintained and large car fleet. In addition, Hertz Bulgaria also has multiple offices in all of the major airports in the country as well as in the town centres of the larger cities and the main summer resorts on the Black Sea coast. The company is followed by the local car rental operators Tany-Rent a Car and Car Rental Bulgaria, which also have well developed networks of cars and offices, although not on the scale of Hertz.
- Car rental has bright prospects in Bulgaria, with the number of transactions forecasted to grow at an average annual rate of 3% over the coming five years (vs. 1% review period average). Total value sales in the area will also grow much faster in constant value terms and total car rental constant value revenue is set to reach BGN27.5 million by 2017.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Bulgaria?
- What are the major brands in Bulgaria?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Bulgaria - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Car Rental in Bulgaria - Company Profiles
Avtorent Best Ltd in Travel and Tourism (Bulgaria)
- Summary 1 Avtorent Best Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Avtorent Best Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Travel and Tourism in Bulgaria - Industry Context
Record high tourist inflow and good season
Changes in legislation
Terrorism raises security issues
Online sales account for small fraction of overall tourism sales
Alternative tourism on the rise
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Online travel sales still lag behind offline sales
Burgas bombing raises tourist security issues
Low cost carriers remain the fastest growing transportation segment
Alternative tourism on the rise
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 4 Research Sources