- The rise in business rentals is supported by both domestic and inbound travel, with the majority of inbound business travel coming from the US. Domestically, there is a significant market for travel between large cities such as Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, where companies tend to have national or regional headquarters, whilst government travel also supports the domestic car rental segment.
- Enterprise Holdings dominates the car rental market in Canada, with a value share of 43% in 2012. In terms of fleet and number of transactions, Enterprise registered shares of 46% and 47%, respectively. Each of its three brands (Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent A Car and National Car Rental) caters to a distinct segment of the market.
- The Canadian car rental market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 3% in constant value over the forecast period, to reach C$1.6 billion in 2017. Driving growth in the sector will be rising volumes of inbound leisure visitors from the newly emerging markets proving to be significant to growth. Leisure rentals are forecast to remain steady at 51% of total value in 2017, measuring $800 million and a constant value CAGR of 3%.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Canada with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Canada, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Canada market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Canada?
- What are the major brands in Canada?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Canada - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in Canada - Industry Context
Canada’s national tourism strategy looks to green fields
Legislation continues to reduce national tourism marketing budgets
Online travel sales gaining strength
Travellers favouring full service in mid-price and luxury hotels
New low-cost carrier to launch in 2013
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy focuses on faster emerging markets
National tourism funding reduced by contentious budget cuts
Online Travel Going Strong
Demand for full-service accommodation translates to growth in mid-size and luxury hotel bookings
Air Canada’s launch of Rouge intensifies low-cost carrier competition
Spa tourism growing on the heels of medical and wellness travel
SWOT (STRENGTH, WEAKNESS, OPPORTUNITY, THREAT) AANALYSIS
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources