- Car rental in Chile is very sensitive to international tourist arrivals, so when inbound tourist flows change, the car rental market tends to follow suit. In 2012 the number of arrivals staying at least overnight increased by 5%. This continued the trend started in 2011, and confirmed the recovery after the 2010 earthquake. Tourists tended to be more willing to pay for car rental, particularly retired people from Europe or North America, or tourists from recently prosperous countries such as Brazil or Peru.
- The Hertz Corp remained the leader in car rental in Chile in 2012, with a 32% value share. Hertz’s performance was supported both by the company’s good position in business car rental amongst mining companies in Chile, and its international reputation, which encourages tourists from North America and Europe to use its car rental services. It is also important to note Hertz’s efforts to position itself as a socially responsible company, working on its carbon emission technology to enhance the company’s image of reliability.
- Car rental is expected to see a CAGR of 3% over the forecast period in constant value terms. As the inbound flow of tourists is expected to increase by a CAGR of 3% in the period 2012-2017, the performance of car rental should be around the same. The double-digit growth in recent years led to rapid growth which could limit development, so it is likely that a slowdown will be seen in the performance of car rental.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Chile with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Chile, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Chile market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Chile?
- What are the major brands in Chile?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Chile - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in Chile - Industry Context
Travel and tourism grows despite international economic crisis
In-country expenditure reaches a historic high
Private investment drives the expansion of tourism
Neighbouring countries lead arrivals to Chile
LAN and TAM complete their merger and are ready to start as LATAM in 2013
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Marketing and PR activities are the core of the national tourism strategy
Lack of public policy for travel and tourism compromises future sustainability
Demand aggregators and flight sales lead the growth of online travel
Argentina and Brazil lead inbound tourism
Salary growth and easy access to credit allow Chileans to spend more on travel and tourism
LATAM Airlines merger set to start integration and synergies over 2013
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources