- Car rental sales grew by 4% in 2012 to reach Col$90 billion. Business rentals continued to dominate the market, making up over 90% of total car rental transactions in 2012. As a result, Colombia’s growth in international business arrivals has helped to increase the country’s overall car rental market. However, the category witnessed the fastest growth in the leisure segment, which grew by 5% over 2011. An increased integration between online travel retailers and car rental companies has helped grow the leisure travel segment, as these tourists are most likely to find information and book online.
- Renting Colombia has the largest operations in Colombia’s fragmented car rental market, with a 28% retail value share in 2012. The company acquired the franchise for Brazilian company Localiza Rent A Car in 2007, and now has a fleet of over 610 vehicles and 13 offices in eight cities around the country. Over 90% of Localiza’s car rental services are for business car rentals, which has been its main focus since entering the market. The company grew by 17% in retail value sales in 2012, with transactions jumping by 67% that year thanks to its convenient locations around the country, greater efficiency during drop off and pick up and a wide range of rental options.
- Colombia’s car rental market is expected to continue to grow steadily through 2017, with a predicted constant value CAGR of 5%. The car rental market is expected to become increasingly consolidated between the two top players into the forecast period, as Localiza and Hertz continue to open outlets, increase their fleets and develop their online presence.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Colombia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Colombia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Colombia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Colombia?
- What are the major brands in Colombia?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Colombia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Car Rental in Colombia - Company Profiles
Renting Colombia SA in Travel and Tourism (Colombia)
- Summary 1 Renting Colombia SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Renting Colombia SA: Competitive Position 2012
Travel and Tourism in Colombia - Industry Context
Tourism + Technology
Colombia capitalises on dangerous reputation
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Staying close to home
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 4 Research Sources