- Croatia’s leisure car rental accounts for around 69% of car rental value sales, and it experienced a heavy hit due to the recession and post-recession period, which reduced the number of domestic trips Croatians felt they could afford to make and introduced negative trends to the already unstable market between 2009 and 2011. Car rental overall improved in 2012, posting a 2% increase in number of transactions and a 4% increase in retail value sales. Both leisure car rentals and business car rentals saw current value sales increase by 4% after suffering decline in the previous three years.
- Sixt brand remained the market leader over the review period, and held 18% of the market value for car rental in Croatia in 2012. The company’s Adriatica.net (one of Croatia’s strongest online retailers) acquisition strengthened Sixt’s position with a grid of suppliers matching all the requirements of this highly seasonal market.
- Car rental constant value is expected to increase at a 3% CAGR over the forecast period, showing a slightly positive trend, but will still be far from the desired levels to give a serious boost to the recovering industry. Car rental in Croatia is still highly correlated with the low-budget airlines market and although there was an increase in the number of destinations for low-cost carriers, travellers still choose nearby airports because of more frequent flight schedules and better price ranges and use car rental services offered in these neighbouring countries to drive to Croatia.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Croatia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Croatia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Croatia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Croatia?
- What are the major brands in Croatia?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Croatia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Car Rental in Croatia - Company Profiles
Adriatica.net doo in Travel and Tourism (Croatia)
- Summary 1 Adriatica.net doo: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Adriatica. net doo: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Adriatica. net doo: Competitive Position 2012
Travel and Tourism in Croatia - Industry Context
Arrivals stimulated by promotional activities and destination repositioning
Accommodation structure continues to lag behind market trends
New markets versus traditional ones – trends in Croatian inbound flows
Domestic travel levels indicate slow economic recovery
All tourism sectors showing good future prospects
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Visa regimes – introducing new shifts in incoming markets
Nautical tourism – underutilising Croatia’s valuable potential
Emerging travel niches
SWOT (STRENGHS, WEAKNESSES, OPPORTUNITIES, THREATS)
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 5 Research Sources