- The key trend in car rental in Ecuador during 2012 was the rising demand for car rental among inbound business arrivals, many of whom were travelling to Ecuador to engage in MICE tourism in major cities such as Quito, Guayaquil and Cuenca and smaller cities such as Manta and Loja. In addition, car rental in Quito benefited from the imposition of traffic restrictions under the pico y placa scheme. This involves all cars being prohibited from driving through central Quito during peak times on one day of the week, according to the final number of the registration plate. The inconvenience of the scheme motivated the owners of prohibited cars to rent a car which was not prohibited on the day during which their driving own car was banned. This particularly benefited car rental companies with lower prices and even led to shortages of rental cars in Quito on at certain times of the day on specific days of the week.
- Avis maintained its lead in car rental in Ecuador in 2012 with a 37% value share. The Avis franchisee in Ecuador is Mareauto, a company with considerable experience in the rental and sales of specific lines of vehicles. Mareauto has achieved such a strong position in car rental due to the massive size of its fleet and the wide and scope of its operations, which cover a high number of Ecuador cities. Second place in car rental in 2012 was held by The Hertz Corp with an 11% value share, although Hertz recorded stronger growth than Avis in Ecuador towards the end of the review period. However, the by far the highest growth in car rental in 2012 was recorded by the numerous small car rental companies grouped together under ‘others’. These small brands generally offer flexible car rental options at lower prices than their better-known international rivals and for this reason are progressively eating into the value shares of Avis and Hertz.
- Quito’s new airport began operating in February 2013 and this is likely to boost the numbers of travellers coming to Ecuador significantly during the forecast period, especially from Europe and the US, boosting demand for car rental in the process.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Ecuador with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Ecuador, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Ecuador market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Ecuador?
- What are the major brands in Ecuador?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Ecuador - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in Ecuador - Industry Context
Ecuador’s “I Discovered” successful promotion campaign
Regional tourism focus is stronger
Infrastructure investments push the local tourism development
New opportunities in air transportation follow company agreements
Hotel operators seek to boost demand by offering higher standards of accommodation
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Domestic tourism boosted by government holiday policy, focused campaigns and improvements to infrastructure
Customer service improves, boosting the image of travel and tourism in Ecuador
Sustainable and cultural tourism boost the prestige of travel and tourism in Ecuador
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources