- The most important factor for car rental in 2013 was the opening of the new Quito airport in February, 2013. In addition to resulting in all car rental companies with an airport presence, including international car rental companies Avis CA and the Hertz Corp, relocating from the site of the old airport to the new Mariscal Sucre International Airport in the city of Tababela (approximately nine kilometres outside downtown Quito), the airport constitutes a key infrastructure upgrade necessary for Quito to increase its number of both international and domestic visitors. The airport brings increased capacity, runways capable of hosting larger aircraft, and promotional subsidies that have led to new international routes from key regional hubs such as Sao Paolo and Mexico City. As of February 2014, several European and North American airlines, including KLM and Jet Blue, are in negotiations to coordinate new direct flights from those continents.
- Opportunities for growth in car rental in Ecuador are highly tied to increases in the number of inbound tourists. The positive growth expected in car rental in Ecuador during the forecast period is strongly related to rises in the anticipated arrivals from other Latin American countries as well as North America and Western Europe. Additionally, the rising profile of Ecuador as a global luxury travel and tourism destination at global levels, as well as the country’s buoyant MICE tourism will draw more visitors. The promotion of Ecuador as a travel and tourism destination in several key source countries including the US and Western Europe is the main reason for the anticipated increase in inbound arrivals during the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Ecuador with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Ecuador, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Ecuador market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Ecuador?
- What are the major brands in Ecuador?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Ecuador - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2008-2013
- Table 4 Car Rental NBO Company Shares: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2013
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2013-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2013-2018
Travel and Tourism in Ecuador - Industry Context
New minister and budget push tourism to top of Ecuador’s agenda
Beyond Galápagos: Ecuador’s cultural tourism increasingly popular
New Quito airport draws tourists, new routes, and traffic
International spotlight shines on Ecuador
Opportunities for MICE-oriented operators
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age 2008-2013
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips: % Breakdown 2008-2013
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2008-2013
- Summary 2 Research Sources