- value sales of car rental declined by 6% in 2012 while the number of transactions declined by 9%. Business car rental witnessed a value decline of 7% while leisure car rental witnessed a decline of 4%. Both categories of car rental were negatively impacted by the value decline of airport car rental, with airport business car rental suffering a decline of 9% and airport leisure car rental suffering a decline of 6%.
- The leading player in car rental in 2012 with a retail value share of 17% was Eurent Kft with the Europcar brand. It was followed by Mercur Rent-A-Car Kft (with the Hertz brand) and Gas Car Kft (with the Gas-car brand), which accounted for retail value shares of 8% and of 7% respectively. Mercur Rent-A-Car Kft suffered the largest decrease in retail value share of car rental over the review period as its retail value share decreased from 18% in 2006 to 8% in 2012.
- Constant retail value sales of car rental in Hungary are expected to experience a decline at a CAGR of 1% over the forecast period while the number of transactions is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4%. The spend per transaction in car rental is expected to decrease along with the duration of car rental, especially in leisure car rental, over the forecast period. The number of players in car rental is expected to decrease slightly while the number of cars is expected to grow by a CAGR of 2%. Constant retail value sales of business car rental are expected to grow slightly, by 2%, over the forecast period. On the other hand, constant retail value sales of leisure car rental are expected to experience a decline over the forecast period due to the decline in constant retail value terms of incoming tourist receipts on travel within Hungary and to trips of shorter duration within the country.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Hungary with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Hungary, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Hungary market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Hungary?
- What are the major brands in Hungary?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Hungary - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Car Rental in Hungary - Company Profiles
Fox Autorent Kft in Travel and Tourism (Hungary)
- Summary 1 Fox Autorent Kft: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Fox Autorent Kft: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Fox Autorent Kft: Competitive Position 2012
Travel and Tourism in Hungary - Industry Context
Low cost carriers gain strength in air in 2012
Demand for health and wellness holidays eases the effect of seasonality
Low purchasing power of Hungarians affects domestic and outbound tourism
Influx of backpackers since rapid development of low cost carrier routes
Profitability of travel accommodation remains low amid intensive price wars
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Higher positioning of Budapest and Hungary is the core strategy of Magyar Turizmus Rt
Launch of the Szechenyi Recreational Card proves to be successful
Fast growth for mobile booking
Health and wellness tourism, a driver of Hungarian travel and tourism
Travel retailers forced to follow a risk averse strategy
The effects of Malév Hungarian Airlines Rt’s bankruptcy on travel and tourism
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 5 Research Sources