- In 2011, value sales in the car rental category decreased by 2% after stagnation in 2010. Revenues earned by the domestic market players dropped by some 5% annually on average between 2006 and 2011. The decline can be explained by recent economic recession and strong competition amongst car rental firms operating in a relatively small market.
- In 2011, Mercur Rent-A-Car Kft (Hertz) kept its market leading position in both sales value and volume terms. Its value sales totalled over HuF3.3 billion, which represents an increase compared to 2010. The number of the firm’s cars rose to some 700 in 2011.
- Sales in the domestic car rental category are forecast to grow by over 3% annually in value terms between 2011 and 2016. Meanwhile, the number of operators is expected to drop by some 1% per year over the forecast period. The number of transactions will grow by 4% annually, whilst the number of cars offered by market players will increase by over 3% CAGR between 2011 and 2016.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Hungary with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Hungary, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Hungary market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Hungary?
- What are the major brands in Hungary?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Hungary - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2006-2011
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales: Internet Transaction Value 2006-2011
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market: 2006-2011
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2007-2011
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2011
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2011-2016
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category: Internet Transaction Value 2011-2016
Car Rental in Hungary - Company Profiles
Fox Autorent Kft in Travel and Tourism (Hungary)
- Summary 1 Fox Autorent Kft: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Fox Autorent Kft: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Fox Autorent Kft: Competitive Position 2011
Travel and Tourism in Hungary - Industry Context
Number of domestic tourists stagnates due to low disposable income
MICE tourism sees significant growth following weak performance
Year of Health Tourism favours wellness hotels
Air transportation performs well in unfavourable environment
Hungary’s EU Presidency boosts number of foreign guests in capital city
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Opportunities in recovery
Rural tourism represents sustainability in Hungarian tourism
EU Commission Presidency January-June 2011 – impact on business tourism
Impact of political unrest in mass tourism destinations on the Hungarian outbound tourism
National Tourist Office focuses on new strategy with less budget
Market players cannot achieve reduction of VAT urged for several years
Szechenyi Recreation Card debuts in the second half of 2011
Hotels take steps to unify classification system
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2006-2011
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2006-2011
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2006-2011
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2006-2011
Tourism Receipts and Expenditure
Health and Wellness
- Summary 4 Research Sources