- In 2012 the car rental witnessed growth of 14% in terms of value. This was marginally higher than the CAGR of the review period of 13%. The growth of car rental in India throughout the review period remained consistent and growth was gradual, with organised players increasingly investing in luxury cars, in order to cater to the shifting demand.
- Carzonrent India Pvt Ltd was the category leader with an 18% share in terms of value in 2012. The company, operating the global Hertz brand, enjoys a strong brand presence and image among consumers. The company benefits from operating a substantial fleet with a wide range of options. Carzonrent was followed by Mercury Car Rentals Ltd with an 11% value share through the Avis brand.
- Companies in car rentals expect demand among consumers to witness an increase in the forecast period due the increasing disposable incomes of local consumers, as a result of which willingness to spend on luxury and comfort is expected to increase. Large car rental companies with their fleet size expansion plans will increase their control of the car rental category in this context.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in India with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in India, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in India market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in India?
- What are the major brands in India?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in India - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in India - Industry Context
Government continues to promote travel and tourism
Rising airport and fuel taxes increase the cost of flight tickets
Young urban consumers start to take up travelling as a lifestyle choice
Movies and social media websites became popular media for marketing
Devaluation of local currency will hinder the growth of outbound tourism
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Ministry of Tourism and state tourism boards continue to promote tourism aggressively
Ministry of Civil Aviation allows 49% foreign direct investment in aviation
Online channel drives travel retail
Tourists prefer budget travel options
Lifestyle changes help to drive travel and tourism
New marketing strategies drive travel and tourism
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources