- Due to Israel’s relatively poor public transportation services, car rentals became a popular way to travel, among both locals and tourists. As a result, in 2012, car rental recorded growth of 9% in current value terms, reaching NIS1.6 billion, as the number of transactions saw growth of 12%.
- In terms of transactions, Shlomo Sixt Ltd continues to lead the category with a share of 22% in transactions terms, though its share eroded in 2012 by two percentage points as a result of competitors' strengthening. On the other hand, Kesher Rent a Car Ltd and Albar Bar Fleet (RZ) Ltd recorded dramatic growth which doubled their share over other players, which, in turn, lost some of their share.
- Online booking is projected to grow by 68% over the forecast period, reaching about 32% of total value sales and slowly replace traditional booking on the telephone or by agents. Among that, booking online directly is expected to grow by 97%. As a result, renting a car will be much more convenient in the future: Alongside the use of mobile phones, applications for smartphones and social media, in addition to upgraded logistical structures, the renting process will be easier.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Israel with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Israel, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Israel market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Israel?
- What are the major brands in Israel?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Israel - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Car Rental in Israel - Company Profiles
Albar Car Fleet (RZ) Ltd in Travel and Tourism (Israel)
- Summary 1 Albar Car Fleet (RZ) LTD: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Albar Car Fleet (RZ) LTD: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Albar Car Fleet (RZ) LTD: Competitive Position 2012
Travel and Tourism in Israel - Industry Context
“Pillar of defence” operation impacts tourism at end of 2012
“Open skies” agreement’ delay
Short-term dip but long-term growth expected
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Open skies agreement delayed
“Pillar of Defence” - Israel’s operation in Gaza, November 2012
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 5 Research Sources