- The Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) progressively lowered the fuel price cap towards the end of 2012, which bodes well for the car rental market. This had a direct positive influence on the cost bracket for the industry, and the consequent decline meant lower rental prices for consumers; hence higher transaction volumes.
- The Avis brand preformed well in 2012, with a 10% share of total transaction volumes. The Avis franchise, has been around for a long time, and is the largest global car rental brand available locally. International tourists therefore easily identify with the brand, and are assured of its high quality standards, giving it comparatively higher sales over other brands.
- Since the Energy (Petroleum Pricing) Regulations 2010 were passed, the Energy Regulatory Commission has been empowered to regulate fuel prices in the country. The trend so far has been the institution and monthly successive lowering of price caps on fuel, put in place by the commission in a bid to make fuel more affordable for local motorists, and to insulate the public from external shocks in the fuel market. This bodes well for local car rental companies, which will be able to reduce their fuel overheads, and consequently their prices, which should enable them to increase their transaction volumes.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Kenya with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Kenya, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Kenya market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Kenya?
- What are the major brands in Kenya?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Kenya - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Car Rental in Kenya - Company Profiles
Southern Cross Safaris Ltd in Travel and Tourism (Kenya)
- Summary 1 Southern Cross Safaris Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Southern Cross Safaris Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Southern Cross Safaris Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Travel and Tourism in Kenya - Industry Context
Tourism remains resilient in the face of major challenges
Kenya makes significant steps towards product diversification
Domestic tourism on the rise
International hotel investors are optimistic about the growth of tourism
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Growth in luxury tourism
Looming political uncertainty
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 5 Research Sources