- The growing number of inbound trips into Malaysia is boosting the number of car rentals. Growth was very much fuelled by domestic and regional tourists. Targeted tourists, especially those arriving at airports, mostly opt for rental cars for a whole day of touring instead of taking alternative transport like taxis, which charge per trip. However, only tourists who are confident of driving to different destinations themselves opt for rental cars. Other setbacks include safety concerns and difficulties understanding road signs and finding locations, with GPS not always being effective in much of Malaysia.
- Car rental is fragmented, with many companies being spread across the country and focusing on serving different areas or locations. However, some established companies are more stand-out than others regarding their operations, outlets and fleet size. The leading company, Mayflower Acme Tours, is well experienced and benefits from the fact that its sister companies are involved in tour and travel retail and can thus cross-sell each other’s services. As a result, Mayflower’s fleet size is far larger than that of its competitors (2,000 cars, 16% current value share in 2012).
- Car rental has a projected forecast period constant value CAGR of 5%. Growing tourism in major developments such as Iskandar is opening up potential business for car rental companies where they can attract tourists to drive around Legoland, Johor Premium outlets and the city. The expansion of leading players, including global brands, will also drive car rental growth, with competition in the area set to increase and new brands like Europcar set to enter the area.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Malaysia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Malaysia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Malaysia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Malaysia?
- What are the major brands in Malaysia?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Malaysia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Car Rental in Malaysia - Company Profiles
Mayflower Acme Tours Sdn Bhd in Travel and Tourism (Malaysia)
- Summary 1 Mayflower Acme Tours Sdn Bhd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Mayflower Acme Tours Sdn Bhd: Competitive Position 2012
Travel and Tourism in Malaysia - Industry Context
Travel and tourism proves resilient
Various elements boosting travel and tourism growth
Low cost carriers emerge as game changers
Rising demand in various segments supporting growth
Tourism growth to be fuelled by increasing competition
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Airline industry shapes tourism
Niche tourism on the rise
Medical tourism retains strong influence
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 4 Research Sources