- In 2012 companies offering different tourism services online gained popularity amongst consumers, boosting the sales of car rental, as the services were announced on the companies’ web pages. Also during 2012 the air carriers Interjet and Aeromexico offered the possibility to book car rental through their websites. This additional exposure of car rental services helped the market to reach Mx$3,910 million in value terms during the year.
- In 2012 Avis Budget Group was the leader in car rental, accounting for a 16% value share. It was followed by The Hertz Corp with a 14% share. The success of these brands can be explained by their strong positioning and high degree of consumer awareness; a result of their long-standing presence in the market.
- Over the forecast period 2012-2017 car rental is expected to increase by a CAGR of 3% in both volume and constant value terms. Growth in this market is likely to be driven by air transportation, which will encourage people to travel by plane and then rent a car at their destination, instead of driving long distances, as many people still do. By 2017 car rental is expected to reach sales of Mx$4,453 million.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Mexico with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Mexico, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Mexico market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Mexico?
- What are the major brands in Mexico?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Mexico - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in Mexico - Industry Context
Positive economic performance boosts tourism during 2012
Companies encourage travellers to shop online
Presidential elections in 2012 bring a positive outlook for tourism
The recently implemented policies on visas yield results
Companies notice the growing market of LGBT tourism
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Mexico’s new administration defines a national tourism strategy
The country’s new policies on visas yield results
Companies encourage travellers to go online
LGBT tourism attracts companies’ attention
The new security strategy creates positive expectations
Investment in tourism infrastructure to boost the industry
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources