- During 2011, New Zealand’s hosting of the IRB Rugby World Cup was a major driver of growth in car rental, resulting in car rental increasing in current value by 4% in 2011. Growth in car rental was negative in 2012 as the category returned to pre-2011 levels of demand, resulting in falling value sales and transactions volume over the course of the year. Nonetheless, the ongoing rebuild of the Christchurch central business district and much of its eastern suburbs continued to support growth within business car rental during 2012.
- Avis Rent-A-Car Ltd was able to maintain its lead in car rental in New Zealand during 2012 with a value share of 21%. Avis Rent-A-Car Ltd is the car rental company operating the highest number of outlets in New Zealand and operates sites at several airports, in the centres of all of New Zealand’s major cities and various other key tourist locations which many other car rental companies do not service. Avis also promotes its mini-lease programme, which it operates under the Avis Flex brand, and which is available for those hiring cars for longer than 30 days. This programme targets those consumers for whom short-term car rental and long-term leasing would not be suitable. The Avis website also provides self-drive itinerary ideas to help tourists plan their self-drive holidays. Avis recorded a 3% increase in current value sales in car rental during 2012.
- Consolidation is expected to characterise car rental in New Zealand over the forecast period. There remains potential for several domestic players to be acquired by multinational companies over the forecast period as the category’s key multinationals are likely to engage in attempts to widen the scope of their respective target audiences to reach various different segments such as low-budget tourists and free independent travellers (FITs).
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in New Zealand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in New Zealand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in New Zealand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in New Zealand?
- What are the major brands in New Zealand?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in New Zealand - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Car Rental in New Zealand - Company Profiles
Tourism Holdings Ltd in Travel and Tourism (New Zealand)
- Summary 1 Tourism Holdings Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Tourism Holdings Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Tourism Holdings Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Travel and Tourism in New Zealand - Industry Context
Arrivals from the UK plummet as European financial troubles continue
Tourism New Zealand embarks on its 100% Middle Earth campaign
Resurgent domestic tourism breathes new life into the tourism industry
Travel operators adapt to the changing tourist mix
Tourism New Zealand looks to China as a key future source country
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
New Zealand: 100% Middle Earth
China overtakes United Kingdom as second most popular inbound source country
Technological improvements boost online sales
Regional tourism organisations attempt to lure domestic tourists
Airline competition heats up
The burgeoning China-New Zealand relationship
- Summary 4 New Zealand: SWOT
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 5 Research Sources