- Car rental value sales grew by 1% reaching NOK1.7 billion in 2012, while the number of transactions increased by 3% to reach 761,000. The average length of car rental remained flat, restraining value growth in 2012. In addition, price competition lowered unit prices and boosted volumes, explaining the faster growth rate of transactions.
- First Rent a Car Norway AS’s Hertz brand held the highest share with 27% in current value terms; the share of the brand increased by one percentage point in 2012. This mainly resulted from several high-impact campaigns throughout the year. These included price-based campaigns, such as one targeted at students during summer 2012. First Rent a Car Norway AS’s total share was 36% in current value terms as it was also the national brand owner of Europcar, with a 10% value share in 2012. The share of Europcar was unchanged from the previous year.
- The car rental category is expected to grow moderately at a CAGR of 1% in constant value terms to reach sales of NOK1.8 billion by 2017. Transactions are expected to grow faster, at a CAGR of 2%, reaching 821,100 in 2017. Increased price competition will be the key factor behind the stronger volume than value growth during the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Norway with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Norway, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Norway market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Norway?
- What are the major brands in Norway?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Norway - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in Norway - Industry Context
Downturn continues to impact travel and tourism
Unit price developments impact performance
Internet channel maturing; mobile sales have potential in some categories
Sustainable travel and tourism products and services can boost sales
Sales growth of travel products will be moderate during the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Innovation Norway promotes development of value-added nature tourism
Norway abandons a draft law to restrict foreign bus operations in the country
Online sales offer further potential, some categories maturing
Competition in air travel affects growth
Nature segment most important, but new products and services needed
Sustainability to be an integral part of travel and tourism operator strategies
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources