- Car rental is a good barometer of how travel and tourism is performing. The first months of 2012 were quite difficult for car rental companies in Romania. Turnover stagnated due to a poor economic climate, leading to low demand for rental cars, both from the business and leisure segments. However, transactions made during the summer and winter seasons compensated for the earlier slow sales. Overall, the category saw growth of 5% in terms of transaction numbers and an increase of 6% in value sales, in both cases an improvement on the performance seen over the review period.
- Autonom Rent a Car srl remained the leading company with a 30% value share in 2012. It increased its share significantly thanks to the expansion of its outlets and fleet. In Romania, Autonom Rent a Car covers most major urban centres and transportation hubs, being present in 24 cities and 37 locations nationwide, of which 13 are airports.
- Constant value sales are expected to grow at a 4% CAGR over the forecast period, to reach RON106 million in 2017. Fleet size and transaction volumes are expected to grow at a 5% and 4% CAGR respectively. The growth will be driven by increasing numbers of international arrivals and demand from local companies, fuelled by the recovering economic situation.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Romania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Romania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Romania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Romania?
- What are the major brands in Romania?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Romania - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Car Rental in Romania - Company Profiles
Autonom Rent A Car srl in Travel and Tourism (Romania)
- Summary 1 Autonom Rent A Car srl: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Autonom Rent A Car srl: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Autonom Rent A Car srl: Competitive Position 2012
Travel and Tourism in Romania - Industry Context
Tourism industry manages to maintain its indicators
Consumer behaviour is more orientated towards early bookings
Romanian coast is the top domestic destination
Foreign destination preferences
Increases in inbound tourism flow
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Online travel retail sales
Senior social discount programmes gain popularity
Cruises seeing interest among Romanians
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 5 Research Sources