- After three years of declines the category saw stabilisation in terms of value sales. The weak performance over the review period reflects two factors. First is resistance among local consumers towards renting a car from official companies, mainly for price reasons and fear of high costs in case of damaging of the car. Historically, consumers prefer to rent a car from family or friends. The other key element is the poor performance of the air transportation category, with numbers of incoming air passengers seeing declines over the review period. At the same time, many cars that are used in Slovakia are being rented in Austria or Hungary, where passengers visiting Slovakia first land.
- Avis from Slovak Rent A Car as remained the leading brand with a 24% value share in 2012. The company has increased its value share mainly thanks to its expansion of offices to 18 across the entire country, as well as strong marketing efforts. It also has a leading position in business car rental. It posted the strongest rise in share in the category, with an increase of two percentage points.
- The poor performance of airports and limited international airlines operations in Slovakia will mean that the stagnation and decline of revenues will continue over the forecast period. However, the pace of revenues decline is likely to slow down, while the fleet size and amount of transactions is likely to increase. The acceptance of car rental as an alternative to other means of transport will increase slowly, but non-airport customers will make a stronger push for competitive prices.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Slovakia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Slovakia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Slovakia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Slovakia?
- What are the major brands in Slovakia?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Slovakia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in Slovakia - Industry Context
Post-crisis recovery continuing
Online travel growing fast in Slovakia
Satur Travel remains leading travel retail operator
Local tourism boards boosting marketing activity of regions
City of Košice hosts European City of Culture event in 2013
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Košice hosts European City of Culture event
Growth of all types of tourism despite lack of supportive event
Air travel collapsing in Slovakia
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources