- Car rental in Sweden placed increased focus on environmental and safety issues in 2012 through the development of modern and environmental classified car fleets. Addressing environmental issues is a key focus for car rental, indicated by the stance taken by the trade association Biluthyrarna (Swedish Car Rental Association) in early 2013. Biluthyrarna sought to distance itself from the independent market players Wisby Uthyrning and Mickes Biluthyrning, both operational on the island of Gotland, and was highly critical of co-operation of governmental agencies, in particular Gotland Municipality, with these market players. Biluthyrarna demanded that Gotland Municipality end its co-operation with Wisby Uthyrning and Mickes Biluthyrning as the car fleets operated by these market players were old, unsafe, and subsequently environmentally-unfriendly. The action taken by Biluthyrarna highlighted the direction and positioning car rental in Sweden as a whole was seeking to develop and project.
- First Rent A Car AB leads sales in 2012 with a total value share of 31%. First Rent A Car is the NBO of the Hertz brand. The company’s leading position is attributable to its extensive and national distribution network and large fleet size. Hertz operates the largest fleet on the market with 7,200 cars. The company is also a key innovator within car rental driving innovations such as the development of environment-friendly rental cars and new means of sales. For instance, the company opened its first self-service outlet on the market during 2011. The new outlets lack any personnel and the keys to the cars can be collected from a self-service kiosk between 06.00hrs and 12.00hrs. The bookings for these outlets are solely made online.
- Car rental in Sweden will continue to face significant challenges from the growing popularity of car share over the forecast period. Government investment in bicycle schemes also represents a challenge. For instance a government bike scheme investment of SEK250 million was announced for Stockholm city in early 2013. The scheme will increase accessibility for bicycle traffic through the building of new bicycle lanes that interconnect the city.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Sweden with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Sweden, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Sweden market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Sweden?
- What are the major brands in Sweden?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in Sweden - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in Sweden - Industry Context
Value growth in travel and tourism
Embracing consumer electronics trends
Growing market consolidation evident
Clear distribution shift
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
New rules for environment-friendly certified cars
Opportunities in sport
Weather is an important factor
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources