- Since the Czech consumers are not usually accustomed to renting cars, arrivals and business customers remained the main driving force for car rental value sales over 2012. As a result, car rental remained highly dependent on inbound tourism, with retail value sales increasing by 3% in 2012 to CZK789 million; the growth of 3% was seen also in transaction volume.
- The largest part of the market belongs to the limited number of operators which are usually the franchises of international car rental corporations. International players hold the major shares as foreign visitors tend to choose brands they know from their own country and also amongst the Czech consumers these brands have higher trust as being part of large corporations. Such players offer stable booking volumes based on central contracts through the franchise system, which gives them a great advantage over local players. In addition, rental prices offered by multinational companies are higher compared to those of smaller firms due to their business model, which focuses on operating franchises.
- Car rental value is expected to increase at a CAGR of 3% (at constant 2012 prices) over the forecast period. The largest market share will be continuously belonging to business, which share is forecasted to achieve 69% by the end of 2017. Such impressive progress will be possible as the joint effect of rising demand from the side of both incoming and domestic business customers. Car replacement systems will become more popular amongst insurance companies, a result of intense competition within that branch.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Czech Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Czech Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Czech Republic market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Czech Republic?
- What are the major brands in Czech Republic?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in the Czech Republic - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Car Rental in the Czech Republic - Company Profiles
Czech Rent a Car sro in Travel and Tourism (Czech Republic)
- Summary 1 Czech Rent a Car sro: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Czech Rent a Car sro: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Czech Rent a Car sro: Competitive Position 2012
Travel and Tourism in the Czech Republic - Industry Context
Travel and tourism expenditure sees slight growth in 2012
Increase in VAT on travel and tourism services
Active holidays in demand
Increasing popularity of discount-offering websites
Positive prospects for travel and tourism in the Czech Republic
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Ageing society influencing travel and tourism industry
Czechs shift in holiday preferences
Mental health and medical tourism on the rise
- Summary 4 The Czech Republic: SWOT
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 5 Research Sources