- Car rental had a bad year in 2012 especially compared to 2011 as the sales value declined by 4%. The impact of the economic crisis on car rental was a major issue. It was clear that car rental continued to suffer as value sales did not reach the same level as pre-2009 when the financial and economic crisis reached the Netherlands. The consequences of the economic recession were predictable and car rental suffered. In 2012 it registered a further decline due to adverse economic circumstances after a minor improvement in the previous year.
- Europcar remained the most important player in Dutch car rental in 2012. The company has the largest fleet size in the Netherlands and leads in value sales and fleet size. The company is also very strong in promoting its partnerships such as those with the Thalys rail service and Accor Hotels, and continues to offer seasonal discounts and promotions.
- The prospects for car rental in the forecast period are negative yet still expected to perform better than the historic review period. Expectations are that there will be a further period of austerity with consumers and companies alike and this will have negative consequences for car rental. Many companies and consumers see car rental as non-essential when it comes to travel while expenses such as transport and accommodation are unavoidable. This means that in times when both companies and consumers will be forced to consider their budget they are more likely to spend less on car rental. This will be a major issue in the first few years of the forecast period in particular. Car rental is expected to recover towards the end of the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in Netherlands with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in Netherlands, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in Netherlands market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in Netherlands?
- What are the major brands in Netherlands?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in the Netherlands - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Travel and Tourism in the Netherlands - Industry Context
Economic worries and shift to online sales influence travel and tourism in 2012
Domestic and outbound travel under pressure due to economy
Travel accommodation remains static
Traditional travel retailers outperformed by online competition
Travel and tourism will continue to struggle
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Consumer confidence in the economy at its lowest level
Older consumers have opportunity for more up-market travel
Sustainability will become the new standard for travel and tourism
- Summary 1 the Netherlands: SWOT
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 2 Research Sources