- Car rental performed strongly towards the end of the review period, driven by a rise in inbound tourism but also by improved economic conditions and a subsequent rise in business travel. Moreover, there was a growing trend amongst tourists to venture outside just Dubai and Abi Dhabi and to explore more parts of the country. Car rental transaction volume therefore increased by 3% in 2012 over the previous year.
- There are a number of strong domestic and international players present in car rental in the United Arab Emirates. Al-Futtaim was the leading player overall in car rental at the end of the review period, accounting for 13% value share in 2012. The company represents the well-known Hertz brand in the United Arab Emirates, benefiting from this brand’s global reputation. Hertz operated 17 rental locations in the UAE by the end of 2012, including in Dubai International’s Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 and at Abu Dhabi International Airport. Moreover, the brand has a strong online presence.
- Further growth in inbound arrivals as well as more tourists exploring different parts of the United Arab Emirates will result in a strong performance of car rental. This will in turn boost a strong rise in transactions, which are expected to more than double over the forecast period. Constant value sales are predicted to rise at a 10% CAGR (or by 59%) to reach AED2.1 billion by 2017.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in United Arab Emirates with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in United Arab Emirates, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in United Arab Emirates market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in United Arab Emirates?
- What are the major brands in United Arab Emirates?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in the United Arab Emirates - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Car Rental in the United Arab Emirates - Company Profiles
Al-Futtaim Travel LLC in Travel and Tourism (United Arab Emirates)
- Summary 1 Al-Futtaim Travel LLC: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Al-Futtaim Travel LLC: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Al-Futtaim Travel LLC: Competitive Position 2012
Travel and Tourism in the United Arab Emirates - Industry Context
Travel and tourism back on track
Rising occupancy rates following years of significant investments
Major airport expansions will increase competition
Ambitious expansion plans for the forecast period and beyond
Dubai and Abu Dhabi will remain the key destinations within the United Arab Emirates
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy strongly supports the industry
Economic growth boosts domestic and inbound tourism
Legislative environment – new visa regulations to facilitate medical and cruise tourism
Online travel on the rise
Arab Spring movement increasing visitor numbers to the United Arab Emirates
Sustainable tourism creating its niche
- Summary 4 the United Arab Emirates: SWOT
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 5 Research Sources