- The US car rental industry experienced another year of recovery in 2012, registering its third consecutive year of value growth. The US fleet size grew to 1.85 million cars, approaching the high water mark achieved in 2007 as operators returned to the market for new vehicles. The number of car rental operators increased sharply by 10% in 2012, driven by low-priced independent operators. The November 2012 acquisition of Dollar Thrifty by The Hertz Corp was the major event of the industrial calendar, creating a powerful new rival to leader Enterprise Holdings Inc.
- Enterprise Holdings Inc remained the category leader in 2012 with total value sales of US$11.3 billion, equating to a value share of 49%. The Hertz Corp ranked second with value sales of US$4.9 billion, followed by Avis Budget Group Inc with US$4 billion. Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc, acquired by Hertz in November 2012 but operating independently for most of the year, achieved value sales of US$1.5 billion in 2012.
- Car rental is anticipated a constant value CAGR of 4% over the forecast period, with projected total value sales of US$28.2 billion in 2017. Transactions are expected to increase by 11% over the five-year forecast period, while fleet size will eclipse its previous 2007 best in 2013, reaching two million cars by 2016. Recent industry consolidation and strategic segmentation between ‘budget’ and ‘premium’ brands will be a driver of higher overall prices, with transaction value expected to increase by 11% in constant terms over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Car Rental Market Research Report
Sample Car Rental Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Car Rental industry in USA with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Car Rental industry in USA, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Car Rental in USA market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Car Rental in USA?
- What are the major brands in USA?
- Is there a shift from airport car rental to non-airport?
- Is leisure car rental outpacing business car rental?
- Is insurance replacement recession-resistant?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Travel And Tourism market research database.
Table of Contents
Car Rental in the US - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Structure of Car Rental Market 2007-2012
- Table 4 Car Rental National Brand Owner Market Shares 2008-2012
- Table 5 Car Rental Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2012
- Table 6 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Category and Location: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Car Rental Sales by Channel: Value 2012-2017
Car Rental in the US - Company Profiles
Hertz Corp, The in Travel and Tourism (USA)
- Summary 1 The Hertz Corp: Key Facts
- Summary 2 The Hertz Corp: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 The Hertz Corp: Competitive Position 2012*
Travel and Tourism in the US - Industry Context
US travel and tourism industry continues its recovery
Industry consolidates through renewed M&A activity
US government launches national tourism strategy
Bright skies ahead for US travel and tourism?
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
National tourism strategy
Legislative environment - open skies agreements and ‘Fifth Freedoms’
Legislative environment – visa waivers and JOLT Act (2012)
Online travel – mobile innovation
Industry consolidates through M&A
US sustainable travel trends
- Table 8 Leave Entitlement: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 9 Holiday Takers by Age: % Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 10 Seasonality of Trips 2007-2012
BALANCE OF PAYMENTS
- Table 11 Balance of Tourism Payments: Value 2007-2012
- Summary 5 Research Sources