- Cheese is expected to continue recording healthy growth in 2015 as a result of the better availability of different product ranges in both traditional and modern retail outlets. The consumption of packaged cheese is becoming widespread and unpackaged products are becoming less popular, even in rural areas of Iran. More sophisticated products were offered to consumers in 2015, which boosted growth in the category substantially. Previously, only one type of cheese was available in Iran, which was known as UF Iranian cheese, classified as soft cheese as per Euromonitor International’s definitions, although innovations by some key manufacturers altered this situation and gave consumers the chance to purchase many other types of cheese such as cream cheese, processed cheese and cheese with added flavours such as walnut. This helped the entire category to record rapid growth towards the end of the review period. Overall, cheese is expected to record current value growth of 24% in 2015, which is set to be better than the 23% current value CAGR recorded in the category over the entire review period, demonstrating the steady positive performance of cheese sales.
- Kalleh Dairy Co, Pegah Dairy Co and Sahar Dairy Industrials Co remained the strong leaders in cheese in 2015, accounting for 28%, 26% and 10% of value sales respectively. Outright leader Kalleh Dairy Co focuses mainly on more complex products with higher added value. It currently offers five types of cheese including Amol cheese, cream cheese, fresh cheese, pizza cheese and natural cheese. Amol cheese is mainly produced in the Kalleh factory in Amol and consists of attractive products flavoured with walnut and caraway and Lighvan cheese, which proves very popular, especially among younger consumers. Its range of fresh cheese includes cottage cheese, village cheese (mahall) and rio cheese, while its natural cheeses include blue cheese, butterkase, gouda, parmesan, prato, camembert, esrom and halloumi.
- The outlook for cheese over the forecast period seems to be promising as per capita consumption of packaged cheese remains very low. The process of converting from unpackaged products to packaged cheese is expected to continue at a rapid rate over the forecast period and many consumers are expected to discover the new types of cheese which are set to be offered by key manufacturers such as Kalleh during the forecast period. Demand for unspreadable processed cheese, especially pizza cheese, is expected to grow at a very fast rate in response to the rapid surge in consumption of fast food through both retail and foodservice channels. Finally, the tiny consumer base for natural cheese such as gouda and parmesan is set to result in significant volume growth due to the expected increase in the consumer awareness of these cheeses.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Cheese Market Research Report
Sample Cheese Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cheese industry in Iran with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cheese industry in Iran, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cheese in Iran market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cheese in Iran?
- What are the major brands in Iran?
- Given mounting obesity concerns, are consumers moving from full-fat to reduced fat/fat-free offerings?
- Are consumers moving from unpackaged to packaged cheese?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents
Cheese in Iran - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Spreadable Processed Cheese by Type: % Value Breakdown 2010-2015
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Cheese: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Cheese: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 8 Distribution of Cheese by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cheese by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Cheese in Iran - Company Profiles
Kalleh Dairy Co in Packaged Food (Iran)
- Summary 1 Kalleh Dairy Co: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Kalleh Dairy Co: Competitive Position 2015
Packaged Food in Iran - Industry Context
Packaged food gradually recovers from the chaotic situation of previous years
More stable business environment with much lower unit price increases helps packaged food grow again in 2015
Artisanal products are still significant in a highly fragmented arena
Independent small grocers are still dominant but face challenges from modern channels
Lessening of sanctions and more stable economic situation will fuel growth for the coming years
FOODSERVICE: KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 13 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 14 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 15 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 17 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 22 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2011-2015
- Table 23 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2012-2015
- Table 24 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 3 Research Sources