- Similar to the trends witnessed in cigarettes, cigars have also been affected by the significant increase in taxation towards the middle of the review period, causing unit prices to surge and retail volume sales to decline. Following steady growth during the early years of the review period, retail volume sales declined in 2011 and 2012, mostly due to falling demand for standard cigars, the most prevalent format in Egypt.
- As in cigarettes, Eastern Co also has a monopoly on domestically manufactured cigars in Egypt. In 2013, the company held a volume share of 63% in cigars excluding cigarillos, up by a further percentage point on the previous year. Its two key brands are José Bartolo and Verona.
- Cigars are expected to remain niche products within tobacco in Egypt due to the category’s limited consumer base. Volume sales are set to stagnate as manufacturers will fail to attract new consumers in light of the challenging economic conditions in the country. Furthermore, cigars will be constrained by the fact that the main consumer base mostly buys cigars outside Egypt or via duty free, which offers a wider selection at much better prices.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Cigars Market Research Report
Sample Cigars Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigars industry in Egypt with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigars industry in Egypt, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cigars in Egypt market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cigars in Egypt?
- What are the major brands in Egypt?
- What are the main distribution channels for cigars in Egypt and which are performing well?
- What is the proportion of hand-made versus machine manufactured cigars in Egypt?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tobacco market research database.
Table of Contents
Cigars in Egypt - Category Analysis
HANDMADE VS MACHINE-MANUFACTURED SPLITS
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Cigars by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Cigars by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Cigars by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Cigars by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Cigars by Handmade vs Machine-manufactured: % Volume Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Cigars by Handmade vs Machine-manufactured: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Cigars Excluding Cigarillos: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Cigars Excluding Cigarillos: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Cigarillos: % Volume 2009-2013
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Cigarillos: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 11 Distribution of Cigars by Format: % Volume 2008-2013
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Cigars in Egypt - Company Profiles
Eastern Co SAE in Tobacco (Egypt)
- Summary 1 Eastern Company SAE: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Eastern Co SAE: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Eastern Co SAE: Competitive Position 2013
Tobacco in Egypt - Industry Context
- Summary 4 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum Legal Smoking Age
Advertising and Sponsorship
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2009-2013
TAXATION AND PRICING
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2008-2013
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
- Table 19 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 5 Research Sources