- Due to legislation finalised in March 2013, in which import tax on cigars increased to 40%, cigars have become difficult to find in Egypt. Retailers report that many products are simply no longer available and this has been reflected in unit prices with average unit price in standard cigars, for example, rising by 21%.
- The Eastern Company continued to dominate the locally manufactured cigars category in Egypt in 2012 with a 62% share of overall retail volumes. Its Verona brand leads the category with a 27% volume share.
- The cigars category is expected to experience a gradual decline as the category struggles to gain popularity in Egypt and the economic situation becomes more difficult. High import and tobacco taxes will also put significant pressure on the industry. Most regular consumers will continue to buy their own cigars abroad or at the duty free. A forecast volume CAGR decline of 2% is expected to be registered.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Cigars Market Research Report
Sample Cigars Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigars industry in Egypt with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigars industry in Egypt, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cigars in Egypt market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cigars in Egypt?
- What are the major brands in Egypt?
- What are the main distribution channels for cigars in Egypt and which are performing well?
- What is the proportion of hand-made versus machine manufactured cigars in Egypt?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tobacco market research database.
Table of Contents
Cigars in Egypt - Category Analysis
HAND-MADE VS MACHINE MANUFACTURED SPLITS
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Cigars by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Cigars by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Cigars by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Cigars by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 Sales of Cigars by Handmade vs Machine-manufactured: % Volume Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 6 Sales of Cigars by Handmade vs Machine-manufactured: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Cigars Excluding Cigarillos: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Cigars Excluding Cigarillos: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Cigarillos: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Cigarillos: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 11 Distribution of Cigars by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Cigars in Egypt - Company Profiles
Eastern Co SAE in Tobacco (Egypt)
- Summary 1 Eastern Company SAE: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Eastern Company SAE: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Eastern Company SAE: Competitive Position 2012
Tobacco in Egypt - Industry Context
Cigarette consumption recovers in 2012
Uncertain forecast for the tobacco industry
Shisha continues to grow in popularity
Government slowly cracking down on illicit trade
Sales of cigars continue to suffer in 2012
- Summary 4 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2007-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 19 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 5 Research Sources