- Cigars were also affected by a significant increase in taxation towards the middle of the review period, causing unit prices to surge and retail volume sales to decline. Following steady growth during the early years of the review period, retail volume sales declined in 2011 and 2012, mostly due to falling demand for standard cigars, the most prevalent format in Egypt.
- As in cigarettes, Eastern Co also has a monopoly on domestically manufactured cigars in Egypt. In 2014, the company held a volume share of 64% in cigars excluding cigarillos, up by a further percentage point on the previous year. Its two key brands are José Bartolo and Verona. Eastern Co also led cigarillos in 2014 with a retail volume share of 73%.
- Cigars are expected to remain niche products within tobacco in Egypt due to the category’s limited consumer base. Volume sales are set to stagnate as manufacturers will fail to attract new consumers in light of the challenging economic conditions in the country and price rises. Furthermore, cigars will be constrained by the fact that the main consumer base mostly buys cigars outside Egypt or via duty free, which offers a wider selection at much better prices.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Cigars Market Research Report
Sample Cigars Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigars industry in Egypt with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigars industry in Egypt, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cigars in Egypt market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cigars in Egypt?
- What are the major brands in Egypt?
- What are the main distribution channels for cigars in Egypt and which are performing well?
- What is the proportion of hand-made versus machine manufactured cigars in Egypt?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tobacco market research database.
Table of Contents
Cigars in Egypt - Category Analysis
HANDMADE VS MACHINE-MANUFACTURED SPLITS
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Cigars by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Cigars by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Cigars by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Cigars by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 Sales of Cigars by Handmade vs Machine-manufactured: % Volume Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 6 Sales of Cigars by Handmade vs Machine-manufactured: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Cigars Excluding Cigarillos: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Cigars Excluding Cigarillos: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Cigarillos: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Cigarillos: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 11 Distribution of Cigars by Format: % Volume 2009-2014
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Cigars in Egypt - Company Profiles
Eastern Co SAE in Tobacco (Egypt)
- Summary 1 Eastern Co SAE: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Eastern Co SAE: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Eastern Co SAE: Competitive Position 2014
Tobacco in Egypt - Industry Context
Political stability aids growth
Smoking tobacco benefits from higher cigarette prices
Eastern Co SAE remains the leading player
Premium pipe tobacco gaining attention in modern cafés
High prices could change consumer preference for normal cigarettes
- Summary 4 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 16 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2010-2014
- Table 17 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2010-2014
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) cigarette regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 18 Death by Cause 2010-2014
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 19 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 20 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 21 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 24 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 25 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 5 Research Sources