- The overall consumption of tobacco products, including cigars and cigarillos, is in decline in Finland. However, due to the lower volume base, a more premium feel of the products and healthier image, the decline was less visible than it was for cigarettes. Cigar smoking in Finland is increasing in popularity and cigarillos in particular, is growing within overall tobacco. Cigarillos is a cheaper option compared to cigars and closer to cigarettes making it more attractive for people to try. The new tax in 2014 did not have a major effect on cigar and cigarillo consumption. The tax for cigars and cigarillos is nearly half of what it is for cigarettes and therefore the total increase in pricing is less significant. Furthermore, cigar smokers in general are less concerned over the price as cigars are seen as a luxury product. Many cigar consumers smoke cigars occasionally; for example for a party, and hence the price is less relevant for them.
- In 2014, Scandinavian Tobacco Group remained as the leading player in cigars with 37% retail volume share. The dominating position of the company mainly stems from the success of its cigarillo brands such as Hofnar, Meester Henk, Van Kemp, Sigge and Meester Hans. Cigars excluding cigarillos is led by Corporación Habanos, accounting for 59% volume share in 2014 due to well-known and appreciated brands such as Montecristo, Cohiba, Romeo y Julieta and Partagás, amongst others.
- A healthier image of the products, along with the premiumisation wave, will help to boost sales of cigars and contribute to a positive prediction of a 1% retail volume CAGR over the forecast period. On the other hand, further tightening of the legislation and tax on tobacco products in Finland will contribute towards an increase in value, with a CAGR of 4% at constant 2014 prices.
GET MORE FOR LESS!
For orders of 3 or more reports, in addition to your multi-purchase discount, we will provide any strategy or global briefing absolutely free.
Please contact a web site agent using the chat box or complete the form here to receive your free strategic briefing.
Samples (FAQs about samples):Sample Cigars Market Research Report
Sample Cigars Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigars industry in Finland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigars industry in Finland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cigars in Finland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cigars in Finland?
- What are the major brands in Finland?
- What are the main distribution channels for cigars in Finland and which are performing well?
- What is the proportion of hand-made versus machine manufactured cigars in Finland?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tobacco market research database.
Table of Contents
Cigars in Finland - Category Analysis
HAND-MADE VS MACHINE MANUFACTURED SPLITS
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Cigars: New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Cigars by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Cigars by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Cigars by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Cigars by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 Sales of Cigars by Handmade vs Machine-manufactured: % Volume Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 6 Sales of Cigars by Handmade vs Machine-manufactured: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Cigars Excluding Cigarillos: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Cigars Excluding Cigarillos: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Cigarillos: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Cigarillos: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 11 Distribution of Cigars by Format: % Volume 2009-2014
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Cigars in Finland - Company Profiles
British American Tobacco Finland Oy in Tobacco (Finland)
- Summary 2 British American Tobacco Finland Oy: Key Facts
- Summary 3 British American Tobacco Finland Oy: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 British American Tobacco Finland Oy: Competitive Position 2014
Imperial Tobacco Finland Oy in Tobacco (Finland)
- Summary 5 Imperial Tobacco Finland Oy: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Imperial Tobacco Finland Oy: Operational Indicators
- Summary 7 Imperial Tobacco Finland Oy: Competitive Position 2014
Philip Morris Finland Oy in Tobacco (Finland)
- Summary 8 Philip Morris Finland Oy: Key Facts
- Summary 9 Philip Morris Finland Oy: Operational Indicators
- Summary 10 Philip Morris Finland Oy: Competitive Position 2014
Tobacco in Finland - Industry Context
Tobacco in Finland continues to struggle with declining volume sales
Unit prices grow moderately despite tax increases
Multinational tobacco companies benefit from a slowing down of illicit trade
Grocery channels dominate tobacco sales in Finland
Despite overall decline over the forecast period, interest in premium and organic tobacco grows
- Summary 11 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 16 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2010-2014
- Table 17 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2010-2014
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 18 Death by Cause 2010-2014
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty-paid packet marks
- Table 19 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014 - Cigarettes
- Table 20 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014 - Cigars
- Table 21 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014 – RYO Tobacco
- Table 22 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014 – Pipe Tobacco
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 23 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 24 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 25 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 26 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 27 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 28 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 12 Research Sources