- Cigars experienced 8% current value growth in 2014, slightly better than the previous year (6%). This was mainly due to the fact that some tobacco specialists opened up new outlets, along with an increase of foreign tourists who spend more on cigars visiting Malaysia.
- The top player was Swisher International Group which recorded the strongest volume share of 23% in cigars in 2014. This positive performance was mainly due to the growing popularity of cigarillos. Its Swisher Sweets brand especially had a strong increase in volume share.
- Cigars is predicted to record stronger growth over the forecast period compared to the review period in both volume and value at constant 2014 prices terms. This is because professional male consumers with higher status and income levels are willing to spend and switch from cigarettes to cigars. Furthermore, in order to cater to consumer demands, more bars and clubs are likely to offer cigars at their air-conditioned premises.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Cigars Market Research Report
Sample Cigars Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigars industry in Malaysia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigars industry in Malaysia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cigars in Malaysia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cigars in Malaysia?
- What are the major brands in Malaysia?
- What are the main distribution channels for cigars in Malaysia and which are performing well?
- What is the proportion of hand-made versus machine manufactured cigars in Malaysia?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tobacco market research database.
Table of Contents
Cigars in Malaysia - Category Analysis
HANDMADE VS MACHINE-MANUFACTURED SPLITS
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Sales of Cigars by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Cigars by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Cigars by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Cigars by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 Sales of Cigars by Handmade vs Machine-manufactured: % Volume Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 6 Sales of Cigars by Handmade vs Machine-manufactured: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Cigars Excluding Cigarillos: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Cigars Excluding Cigarillos: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Cigarillos: % Volume 2010-2014
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Cigarillos: % Volume 2011-2014
- Table 11 Distribution of Cigars by Format: % Volume 2009-2014
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Cigars in Malaysia - Company Profiles
British American Tobacco (Malaysia) Berhad in Tobacco (Malaysia)
- Summary 1 British American Tobacco (Malaysia) Bhd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 British American Tobacco (Malaysia) Bhd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 British American Tobacco (Malaysia) Bhd: Competitive Position 2014
Philip Morris (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd in Tobacco (Malaysia)
- Summary 4 Philip Morris (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Philip Morris (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd: Competitive Position 2014
Tobacco in Malaysia - Industry Context
Tobacco records slower growth in 2014
Malaysia continues its fight against smuggled cigarettes
International players lead in tobacco
Tobacco specialists is an important distribution channel
Tobacco foresees a weak performance over the forecast period
- Summary 6 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
- Table 16 Smoking Prevalence in Adult Population 2010-2014
- Table 17 Number of Adult Smokers by Gender 2010-2014
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) cigarette regulation
Flavoured tobacco product ban
Death by cause
- Table 18 Death by Cause 2010-2014
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 19 Taxation and Duty Levies 2009-2014
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 20 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 21 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 24 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 25 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 7 Research Sources