- Cigars used to be considered a luxury tobacco product for affluent and older consumers who appreciate the finer qualities of life. Its consumer base also includes wealthy foreign expatriates, as well as tourists and hotel guests. However, cigars is increasingly gaining popularity among young consumers due to rising affluence and sophistication of these consumers.
- Corporación Habanos SA maintained its lead in cigars with a retail volume share of 41% in 2012. This was due to the significant presence of Cohiba in cigars excluding cigarillos as the brand led with a high volume share of 32% in 2012. Furthermore, Cohiba also accounted for a significant volume share of 17% in cigarillos as it was second to Montecristo which is also a brand under Corporación Habanos SA.
- Over the forecast period, cigars is expected to increase at a retail volume CAGR of 1% to reach 700,000 units in 2017. With the rising affluence and sophistication of consumers, cigars will continue to post healthy volume demand over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Cigars Market Research Report
Sample Cigars Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigars industry in Singapore with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigars industry in Singapore, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cigars in Singapore market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cigars in Singapore?
- What are the major brands in Singapore?
- What are the main distribution channels for cigars in Singapore and which are performing well?
- What is the proportion of hand-made versus machine manufactured cigars in Singapore?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tobacco market research database.
Table of Contents
Cigars in Singapore - Category Analysis
HAND-MADE VS MACHINE MANUFACTURED SPLITS
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- Summary 1 Cigars - New Product Launches
- Table 1 Sales of Cigars by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Cigars by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Cigars by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Cigars by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 Sales of Cigars by Handmade vs Machine-manufactured: % Volume Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 6 Sales of Cigars by Handmade vs Machine-manufactured: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Cigars Excluding Cigarillos: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Cigars Excluding Cigarillos: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Cigarillos: % Volume 2008-2012
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Cigarillos: % Volume 2009-2012
- Table 11 Distribution of Cigars by Format: % Volume 2007-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Cigars by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Tobacco in Singapore - Industry Context
Tobacco registers slower volume growth in 2012
Menthol-flavoured capsule cigarettes see more new product launches
Economy cigarettes brands perform better in economic slowdown
Drastic reduction in volume growth of high tar cigarettes in 2012
Weak performance in tobacco expected in forecast period
- Summary 2 Legislation Summary at a Glance
Minimum legal smoking age
Advertising and sponsorship
Point-of-sale display bans
Smoking in public places
Low ignition propensity (LIP) regulation
Death by cause
- Table 16 Death by Cause 2008-2012
TAXATION AND PRICING
Duty paid packet marks
- Table 17 Taxation and Duty Levies 2007-2012
Average cigarette pack price breakdown
- Table 18 Average Cigarette Pack Price Breakdown: Brand Examples
Illicit trade in cigarettes
- Table 19 Illicit Trade Estimate of Cigarettes: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 20 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2007-2012
- Table 21 Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 22 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2007-2012
- Table 23 Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Volume Growth 2012-2017
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Tobacco by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 3 Research Sources