- The use of colour cosmetics as a means of self-expression and individualisation continued to be of great importance in Germany in 2014. Consumers want and appreciate the opportunity to express and differentiate themselves from others. The popularity of “selfies” supported the importance many – particularly young female – consumers place on colour cosmetics.
- L’Oréal continued to lead colour cosmetics in Germany in 2014. L’Oréal’s success is based on it being present in eye make-up, facial make-up, lip products and nail products with very strong brands with a very different positioning. Hence, L’Oréal’s products appeal to a very broad base of customers. L’Oréal held significant value shares in both the premium and mass segments in 2014. The company’s most successful mass brand was Maybelline, followed by L’Oréal Paris. In the premium segment, L’Oréal was well positioned with the Lancôme brand, which generated total sales of €49 million in 2014. With the premium brand Vichy, which is sold mainly through chemists/pharmacies, L’Oréal targets consumers who either have problematic skin and look for make-up which they feel comes with some medical approval or those who are just very worried about their skin being sensitive and who equally look for make-up which they feel has a medical touch rather than a merely decorative purpose.
- As appearance will remain an important part of consumers’ lives, colour cosmetics are expected to remain important to large parts of the female population. The trend for “selfies”, among other kinds of pictures distributed via social networks, is expected to continue to have a significant influence on colour cosmetics. Before online social networks existed, far fewer people would actually see a person or their picture. Now, even young girls can distribute their pictures to very large audiences, usually in the pursuit of obtaining as many “likes” as possible.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Colour Cosmetics Market Research Report
Sample Colour Cosmetics Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Colour Cosmetics industry in Germany with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Colour Cosmetics industry in Germany, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Colour Cosmetics in Germany market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Colour Cosmetics in Germany?
- What are the major brands in Germany?
- What are the key innovation trends in make up?
- What is the evolution of mass colour cosmetics versus their premium counterparts?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Beauty and Personal Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Colour Cosmetics in Germany - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Colour Cosmetics by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Colour Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Colour Cosmetics: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Colour Cosmetics: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Eye Make-up: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Facial Make-up: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Lip Products: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Nail Products: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 9 LBN Brand Shares of Premium Colour Cosmetics: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Colour Cosmetics by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Colour Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Colour Cosmetics in Germany - Company Profiles
L'Oréal Deutschland GmbH in Beauty and Personal Care (Germany)
- Summary 1 L’Oréal Deutschland GmbH: Key Facts
- Summary 2 L’Oréal Deutschland GmbH: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 L’Oréal Deutschland GmbH: Competitive Position 2014
Beauty and Personal Care in Germany - Industry Context
Growth of beauty and personal care slowing despite further segmentation
Market remains fragmented with stiff competition between international and domestic players
Innovative serums stimulate consumer interest
Premiumisation counterbalances pressure from private label
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
At-home beauty on the rise
Polarisation in consumer purchasing behaviour difficult to predict
Contrasting trends of layering versus multi-benefit products both thrive
- Table 12 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 13 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 14 Sales of Premium Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 15 Sales of Premium Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 16 GBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 17 NBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 18 LBN Brand Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 19 Penetration of Private Label in Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 20 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 21 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Premium Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Premium Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 4 Research Sources