- In 2013, sales of chocolate confectionery are expected to continue to be rather value than volume driven. Consumers’ demand for high-quality and premium products continues to drive sales of chocolate confectionery. Therefore, manufacturers have been focusing on dark chocolate as well as caramel and nuts as ingredients. The importance of the premiumisation effect on chocolate confectionery has continued to be reflected in the development of more sophisticated private label products.
- Mondelez Österreich GmbH (formerly Kraft Foods Österreich GmbH) is expected to continue its leadership of chocolate confectionery in 2013. The company profits especially from its strong brand, Milka, which, in 2013, is expected to correspond to 28% of overall chocolate confectionery. The first follower of Mondelez in 2013 is expected to be Ferrero Österreich Handels GmbH, which competes neck and neck with Lindt & Sprüngli Austria GmbH.
- The review period trends are expected to continue shaping chocolate confectionery in the forecast period. It will continue to be rather value driven leading to a large number of product innovations and high-quality products. Ethical sourcing of cocoa will gain further importance, however with limited impact in relation to overall chocolate confectionery. Despite consumers’ increasing demand for ethical and high-quality products, their willingness to pay premium prices has its limits, with respect to the mass market.
- In light of an ongoing health and wellness trend in Austria, sugar free gum is expected to continue to drive overall gum in 2013. Sugar free gum is expected to register the highest growth in terms of current value sales in 2013. A growing importance of oral health issues continues to make consumers substitute sugarised gum products with sugar-free products.
- Wrigley Austria GesmbH is expected to continue to dominate gum in Austria in 2013. The company profits from its long-established brands, Orbit and Airwaves, as well as from the good performance of its lifestyle brand, Wrigley’s 5. Anticipated to be second-ranked in 2013 is Unilever Austria GmbH with a much smaller value share.
- Over the forecast period, gum in Austria is expected to continue to develop according to trends. It is expected to be driven by demand for sugar-free and fortified/functional products. This is in line with the general health and wellness trend regarding packaged food. Furthermore, gum is expected to see the introduction of new and rather exotic flavours, though the classic flavours will continue to dominate overall.
- In 2013, sugar confectionery in Austria is expected to continue to suffer from an ongoing health and wellness trend. With increasing rates of obesity, especially among children, sugar confectionery continues to experience severe pressure to develop healthier product formats. Hence, sugar-free solutions are driving sales.
- Both Haribo and Storck are expected to experience the biggest increases in value share in 2013. Both companies lead overall sugar confectionery and are long-established and well trusted by consumers. Therefore, they account for most new product developments which generate additional sales.
- In the forecast period, sugar confectionery is expected to continue its development according to review period trends. Therefore, sugar confectionery is expected to rather stagnate towards 2018.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Confectionery Market Research Report
Sample Confectionery Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Confectionery industry in Austria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Confectionery industry in Austria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Confectionery in Austria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Confectionery in Austria?
- What are the major brands in Austria?
- With economic recovery far from guaranteed, are consumers cutting back on impulse and indulgence food items like confectionery?
- How are manufacturers addressing consumer concerns over health and obesity?
- What does the future hold for ethically sourced products?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Packaged Food market research database.
Table of Contents