- Contact lenses continued its robust retail value growth in 2013, driven by the increasing acceptance of these products among spectacle wearers in China. Meanwhile, alongside increasing product awareness of disposable contact lenses, more consumers traded up to disposable products due to convenience and hygiene concerns. Overall, contact lenses maintained a buoyant retail value CAGR of 13% over the review period.
- Shanghai Hydron Contact Lens Optics maintained its leadership in the contact lenses category in 2012, with a retail value share of 27%. Its wide product portfolio, covering disposable and traditional contact lenses, enables the company to cover a broad consumer base. Frequent new launches, with free trials, have also added to its lasting popularity among consumers.
- Contact lenses is expected to post a robust constant value CAGR over the forecast period, underpinned by rising demand from young consumers in particular, who will opt out of spectacles in favour of contact lenses for a better and more natural look, as well as for convenience. Contact lenses products with better moisturising and oxygen permeability are anticipated to be more popular among health-conscious consumers.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Contact Lenses Market Research Report
Sample Contact Lenses Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Contact Lenses industry in China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Contact Lenses industry in China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Contact Lenses in China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- In which markets are daily disposables more popular than monthly and extended wear?
- Is coloured, toric, spherical or multifocal the dominant type of contact lens in China?
- Is style playing an increasingly important role over health in purchasing decisions?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our contact lenses market research database.
Table of Contents
Contact Lenses in China - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Contact Lens Solution: Value and Growth 2008-2013
- Table 2 Contact Lenses by Type: % Value Analysis 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Contact Lenses by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Contact Lenses in China - Company Profiles
Shanghai Hydron Contact lens Optics Co Ltd in Eyewear (China)
- Summary 1 Shanghai Hydron Contact Lens Optics Co Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Shanghai Hydron Contact Lens Optics Co Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Shanghai Weicon Co Ltd in Eyewear (China)
- Summary 3 Shanghai Weicon Co Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Shanghai Weicon Co Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Eyewear in China - Industry Context
Eyewear remains vigorous although growth slows
High myopia rate and rising disposable incomes lead to buoyant growth
International players lead in a highly fragmented and competitive market
Optical goods stores still crucial to distribution
Dynamic value growth expected for eyewear
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Rising disposable income fuels growth
Stricter legislation on eyewear sales
Optical goods stores increasingly important
High myopia rate among students in China
- Table 14 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 15 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 20 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 5 Research Sources