- With more events and media articles aiming to enhance eye protection knowledge among the mass population, more people are becoming better informed when choosing contact lenses. As a result, consumers value convenience and hygiene concerns more seriously and consider disposable contact lenses to be more appropriate for eye health sustainability. The upgrade in consumption patterns that has taken place in contact lenses fuelled the category’s value growth and will support healthy growth in the forecast period.
- Shanghai Hydron Contact Lens Optics continued to lead in contact lenses in 2013, with a retail value share of 35%. The company manufactures and markets two brands in China - Hydron and Horien. Both brands cover all categories in contact lenses. Hydron and Horien both offer economy pricing, among which Hydron targets the mass population while Horien particularly targets students. Shanghai Hydron adopted celebrity endorsements with Taiwanese singers Jolin Tsai and Show Lo, while an aggressive television advertising campaign supported its healthy growth in 2013.
- Contact lenses is expected to post a CAGR of 10% in value sales at constant 2014 prices over the forecast period. Steady demand among Chinese consumers, particularly amongst students, will continue to support the healthy growth of the category. Products with better moisturising and oxygen permeability will be favoured by health-concerned consumers, with a greater number of consumers trading up from traditional lenses to weekly/monthly lenses or from weekly/monthly disposable lenses to daily disposable lenses.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Contact Lenses Market Research Report
Sample Contact Lenses Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Contact Lenses industry in China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Contact Lenses industry in China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Contact Lenses in China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- In which markets are daily disposables more popular than monthly and extended wear?
- Is coloured, toric, spherical or multifocal the dominant type of contact lens in China?
- Is style playing an increasingly important role over health in purchasing decisions?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our contact lenses market research database.
Table of Contents
Contact Lenses in China - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Contact Lens Solution: Value and Growth 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 8 Distribution of Contact Lenses by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Contact Lenses in China - Company Profiles
Shanghai Hydron Contact lens Optics Co Ltd in Eyewear (China)
- Summary 1 Shanghai Hydron Contact Lens Optics Co Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Shanghai Hydron Contact Lens Optics Co Ltd: Competitive Position 2013
Eyewear in China - Industry Context
Growth slows in eyewear despite stable consumer demand
Affordable, mid-priced products are preferred
The market remains fragmented due to large number of brands available
Optical goods stores continues to be the main channel
Steady market growth is expected over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
High myopia rate among teenagers in China
Eye clinics are increasingly preferred to obtain eye prescriptions
Optical goods stores remains the major channel
- Table 13 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 14 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 15 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 16 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 17 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 18 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 19 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 3 Research Sources