- With deeper penetration of contact lenses in China thanks to industry players’ sustained efforts in terms of consumer education, increasing numbers of consumers have adopted contact lenses, which has ensured the sustained value growth of the market during the review period. Moreover, consumers’ rising awareness of eye health along with increasing disposable income has greatly driven consumers’ trading-up demand for disposable contact lenses from traditional lenses due to the former’s perceived convenience and hygiene, leading to the dynamic value growth of the overall contact lenses market in 2015.
- Shanghai Hydron Contact Lens Optics Co Ltd remained in the leading position in contact lenses in 2014, recording a retail value share of 34%, benefiting from its wide product portfolio. Shanghai Hydron Contact Lens Optics manufactures and distributes two core brands in China, Hydron and Horien, covering all categories in contact lenses including daily disposable lenses, weekly/monthly disposable lenses and traditional lenses. Offering products with economy pricing, the company boasted a huge consumer base with deep penetration into lower-tier cities in China. Furthermore, aggressive marketing promotions, such as extensive television advertising across the country, have effectively increased brand awareness among mass consumers and further boosted the company’s healthy growth.
- Contact lenses is expected to register a value CAGR of 6% at constant prices over the forecast period, to reach constant value sales of CNY5.6 billion by 2020. Steady demand from the younger generation will continue to be the main driving force behind sales growth of contact lenses in China. Rising demand for product upgrade, from hydrogel lenses to silicone hydrogel lenses, from traditional lenses to weekly/monthly disposable lenses or daily disposable lenses, is anticipated to further consolidate the steady growth of contact lenses over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Contact Lenses Market Research Report
Sample Contact Lenses Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Contact Lenses industry in China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Contact Lenses industry in China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Contact Lenses in China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- In which markets are daily disposables more popular than monthly and extended wear?
- Is coloured, toric, spherical or multifocal the dominant type of contact lens in China?
- Is style playing an increasingly important role over health in purchasing decisions?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our contact lenses market research database.
Table of Contents
Contact Lenses in China - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Contact Lens Solutions: Value Sales and % Growth 2010-2015
- Table 2 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 3 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Contact Lenses by Type: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 7 Sales of Daily Disposable Contact Lenses by Material: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 8 Sales of Daily Disposable Contact Lenses by Condition: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 Sales of Weekly/Monthly Contact Lenses by Material: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 10 Sales of Weekly/Monthly Contact Lenses by Condition: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 13 Distribution of Contact Lenses by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Contact Lenses in China - Company Profiles
Shanghai Hydron Contact lens Optics Co Ltd in Eyewear (China)
- Summary 1 Shanghai Hydron Contact Lens Optics Co Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Shanghai Hydron Contact Lens Optics Co Ltd: Competitive Position 2014
Eyewear in China - Industry Context
Growth of eyewear decelerates in 2015
High myopia rate also drives the steady growth
International players lead in a fragmented market
Optical shops continues to dominate, while internet retailing soars
Steady consumer demand is expected over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Myopia rate remains high in China
Legislation on eyewear sales remains strict
Optical shops continue to dominate
Rising disposable income fuels trading-up demand
- Table 18 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 22 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 23 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 24 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 3 Research Sources