- Contact lenses growth reached 18% in current value terms in 2013, which is slower than previous years’ rates. Demand for contact lenses in Russia is getting more stable in Moscow and St. Petersburg. The growth was mainly achieved by regional customers’ activity. Weekly/monthly disposable lenses are the most common contact lenses in Russia with a 73% value share of total contact lenses sales across the country. The category also experienced the fastest growth rate of 19% in current value terms in 2013, as most Russians find these lenses the most competitive in terms of price/comfort.
- Global vision care groups strongly dominate contact lenses in Russia. Johnson & Johnson with its brand Acuvue remained the strong leader in the category with a 31% share of total value sales in 2012. The company entered the Russian market in 1992, soon after the fall of the USSR, and began to actively promote its products. Johnson & Johnson consider the Russian market to be growing strongly and are focusing on gaining new customers. On the Acuvue website potential customers can register and get a certificate for a free sample of Acuvue lenses, including regular and astigmatism versions. The promo campaign was active during the first two months of summer 2013.
- The contact lenses category is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8% in constant value terms over the forecast period 2013-2018. The Russian market has not reached saturation point so many new users of contact lenses can be expected during the forecast period. Almost half of Russians experience different eye health problems, and this number is expected to increase due to the intensive use of electronic devices, decreasing ecological conditions and more stress.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Contact Lenses Market Research Report
Sample Contact Lenses Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Contact Lenses industry in Russia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Contact Lenses industry in Russia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Contact Lenses in Russia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- In which markets are daily disposables more popular than monthly and extended wear?
- Is coloured, toric, spherical or multifocal the dominant type of contact lens in Russia?
- Is style playing an increasingly important role over health in purchasing decisions?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our contact lenses market research database.
Table of Contents
Contact Lenses in Russia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Contact Lenses by Type: % Value Analysis 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 8 Distribution of Contact Lenses by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Eyewear in Russia - Industry Context
Despite economic stagnation, eyewear shows good growth
Contact lenses impacting the development of spectacles
Multinational eyewear manufacturers strongly dominate
Vending is a new opportunity for selling contact lenses
High potential of eyewear in Russia
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Corrective eyewear in Russia has strong growth potential
Russia is close to economic stagnation
Significant development of non-store retailing
Sunglasses on trend
- Table 13 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 14 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 15 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 17 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 18 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 19 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 1 Research Sources