- Contact lenses continued to have the highest growth in eyewear in Russia with 16% value share and 7% volume share. Strong and stable growth was seen after the economic recession of 2008-2009, when contact lenses were considered a more modern product for people with poor eyesight compared to traditional spectacles. This dynamic is expected to continue as more people are ready to try wearing contact lenses. The distributors and manufacturers of contact lenses compete aggressively in Russia, arranging active marketing campaigns compared to the producers of other eyewear products. Major optical retailers offer the service of free consultation by ophthalmologist to find the best contact lenses at the point of sale. However, many Russians still prefer to wear contact lenses in addition to traditional spectacles, which are worn most frequently.
- Russian contact lenses is consolidated with four global leaders having a combined 91% value share in 2013. The consistent leader was Johnson & Johnson OOO with its flagship brand Acuvue taking 28% value share. The company is a global leader in eyewear, not only contact lenses, with a wide product portfolio. It maintains significant marketing budgets and well-developed distribution pattern. Acuvue is available in almost every selling point of contact lenses in Russia and is offered in different types of lenses and includes cosmetic and toric products. Other three Russian subsidiaries of global enterprises Novartis Consumer Health, Bausch & Lomb and CooperVision maintained strong value shares of 22%, 21% and 21% respectively in 2013.
- Contact lenses is expected to grow strongly over the forecast period. Although forecast period growth CAGR will not be as fast as in the review period, the Russian market will remain one of the main drivers in Europe in attracting new players and accelerating the activity of current players.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Contact Lenses Market Research Report
Sample Contact Lenses Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Contact Lenses industry in Russia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Contact Lenses industry in Russia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Contact Lenses in Russia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- In which markets are daily disposables more popular than monthly and extended wear?
- Is coloured, toric, spherical or multifocal the dominant type of contact lens in Russia?
- Is style playing an increasingly important role over health in purchasing decisions?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our contact lenses market research database.
Table of Contents
Contact Lenses in Russia - Category Analysis
Disposable contact lenses by condition
Cosmetic contact lenses
Contact lens solution
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Contact Lens Solution: Value and Growth 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 8 Distribution of Contact Lenses by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Eyewear in Russia - Industry Context
Eyewear growth slows down but remains strong
Safety remains the most important concern
Eyewear continues to be dominated by international players
Chained outlets and non-store retailers drive eyewear in Russia
Development of eyewear is expected to continue despite economic concerns
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
High prevalence of poor eyesight poses a threat in Russia
Non-store retailing has significant role on optical retailing
Proposition introduced in 2014 to make sales of contact lenses prescription-based
- Table 13 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 14 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 15 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 16 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 17 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 18 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 19 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 1 Research Sources