- Contact lenses saw positive growth in all areas but traditional lenses in 2013. Traditional lenses had the biggest value share in contact lenses until 2010, but started to lose its position, being replaced by other types of contact lenses in South Korea. With traditional lenses there is the risk of losing them and they also cause hygiene issues, so that consumers have been switching to other contact lenses that are used for shorter time periods.
- The power of international players continued to be seen in the eyewear market in South Korea. In contact lenses the three leading companies were all international players and accounted for 64% of retail value sales in 2012. Due to the market structure, the average unit price of contact lenses in South Korea is much higher than in other countries.
- Contact lenses is expected to see a marginally negative CAGR in constant value terms in the forecast period. Daily disposable lenses will still see fastest growth with a 4% CAGR in constant value terms, supporting contact lenses as a whole. However, all other categories, weekly/monthly disposable lenses, traditional lenses, and extended wear lenses, are expected to record negative CAGRs as these product areas reach maturity.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Contact Lenses Market Research Report
Sample Contact Lenses Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Contact Lenses industry in South Korea with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Contact Lenses industry in South Korea, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Contact Lenses in South Korea market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- In which markets are daily disposables more popular than monthly and extended wear?
- Is coloured, toric, spherical or multifocal the dominant type of contact lens in South Korea?
- Is style playing an increasingly important role over health in purchasing decisions?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our contact lenses market research database.
Table of Contents
Contact Lenses in South Korea - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Contact Lens Solution: Value and Growth 2008-2013
- Table 2 Contact Lenses by Type: % Value Analysis 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Contact Lenses by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Eyewear in South Korea - Industry Context
Eyewear shows healthy growth in 2013 with support from both contact lenses and spectacles
Concern about eye care and eye health affects eyewear trends in South Korea
International brands hold significant market share in eyewear
Optical goods stores dominate eyewear retail distribution
Eye health and ageing society to drive the eyewear market
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Eye care and eye health influence eyewear market in South Korea
Poor eye condition continues to boost the eyewear market and alternative means of correction
Concentration on the optical goods store channel becomes more intense in eyewear
- Table 14 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 15 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 20 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 1 Research Sources