- Contact lenses indicated positive growth in every area except traditional lenses in 2014. Traditional lenses were previously popular before daily disposable lenses and weekly/monthly disposable lenses became trends. However, as more consumers feel disposable lenses are hygienic as well as more convenient and easy to manage, traditional lenses’ popularity has waned.
- Global players continued to show a strong performance in eyewear in South Korea. In contact lenses, the three leading players are international companies which account for 66% of retail value sales in 2013. The global players constantly increased their market shares to 66% in 2013 from 59% in 2009. The oligopoly market structure made the average unit price of contact lenses in South Korea much higher than in other countries as they have more bargaining power over the local players.
- Contact lenses is expected to see positive growth in constant value terms in the forecast period. Daily disposable lenses will show the fastest growth with a 6% value CAGR at constant 2014 prices, supporting the constant lenses category. However, all other categories, including weekly/monthly disposable lenses, traditional lenses and extended wear lenses, are expected to show stagnant growth or decline as these have reached maturity.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Contact Lenses Market Research Report
Sample Contact Lenses Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Contact Lenses industry in South Korea with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Contact Lenses industry in South Korea, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Contact Lenses in South Korea market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- In which markets are daily disposables more popular than monthly and extended wear?
- Is coloured, toric, spherical or multifocal the dominant type of contact lens in South Korea?
- Is style playing an increasingly important role over health in purchasing decisions?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our contact lenses market research database.
Table of Contents
Contact Lenses in South Korea - Category Analysis
- Summary 1 Retail Sales of Contact Lens Solution: Value and Growth 2009-2014
- Table 1 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 6 LBN Brand Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 7 Distribution of Contact Lenses by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Eyewear in South Korea - Industry Context
Eyewear records sound growth in 2014
IT devices start to affect eyewear
International brands maintain their leading positions in contact lenses
Optical goods stores dominate eyewear retail distribution
Awareness of eye health and ageing society are key factors in eyewear
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Consumers’ eye conditions ensure continued growth for eyewear in South Korea
Optical goods stores dominate eyewear
Opticians positioned as eye professionals, and franchised outlets become popular
- Table 12 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 13 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 14 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 15 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 16 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 17 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 18 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 2 Research Sources