- Contact lenses was the fastest-growing product type in eyewear in Taiwan. Demand and growth is primarily concentrated in daily disposable lenses. Convenience and appearance benefits are the key features that attract Taiwanese consumers to use contact lenses, especially those aged 18 to 35. In both value and volume terms, contact lenses sales maintained healthy growth throughout the review period with rates rising in 2013 as eye care awareness rises and fashion trends support steady demand.
- Contact lenses in Taiwan is dominated by four major players. These companies had a combined value share of 90% in 2012. Over the review years, there was a move towards market consolidation among leading brands as they have a nationwide distribution reach and well-established branding, despite the strong price competition posed by cheaper economy brands.
- Taiwan’s culture, which places a strong emphasis on long hours of study and work, as well as a penchant for video games and TV, continues to lead to Taiwan’s problems with myopia or hyperopia. Prevalence among school age students is a national issue as a large majority of children require corrective eyewear. The number of people requiring corrective eyewear will increase despite Taiwan’s expected worsening low birth rate problem.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Contact Lenses Market Research Report
Sample Contact Lenses Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Contact Lenses industry in Taiwan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Contact Lenses industry in Taiwan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Contact Lenses in Taiwan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- In which markets are daily disposables more popular than monthly and extended wear?
- Is coloured, toric, spherical or multifocal the dominant type of contact lens in Taiwan?
- Is style playing an increasingly important role over health in purchasing decisions?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our contact lenses market research database.
Table of Contents
Contact Lenses in Taiwan - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Value sales of Contact lenses Solution via Retail Channel, 2011-2013
- Table 2 Contact lenses: % of Clear Lenses VS % of Cosmetic Lenses 2011-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 4 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 7 NBO Company Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Contact Lenses: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 9 Distribution of Contact Lenses by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 11 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Contact Lenses by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Contact Lenses in Taiwan - Company Profiles
Camax Optical Corp in Eyewear (Taiwan)
- Summary 1 Camax Optical Corp: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Camax Optical Corp: Competitive Position 2012
St Shine Optical Co Ltd in Eyewear (Taiwan)
- Summary 3 St Shine Optical Co Ltd: Key Facts
- Summary 4 St Shine Optical Co Ltd: Operational Indicators
- Summary 5 St Shine Optical Co Ltd: Competitive Position 2012
Eyewear in Taiwan - Industry Context
Eyewear has healthy performance in 2013
Daily disposable and cosmetic lenses key growth categories
Contact lenses players dominate a highly fragmented market
Optical goods stores dominates distribution
Eye health conditions will support demand
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Improvements in consumer confidence balance society and demographic factors
Eyewear conditions are strong driver for retail growth
Optical goods stores remains major eyewear retail channel
Low regulatory environment results in increased competition
- Table 14 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 15 Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 16 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Eyewear: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 20 Distribution of Eyewear by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Eyewear by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 6 Research Sources