- In Lithuania performance of cotton wool/buds/pads was rather stable in 2013. During the year price had a strong impact on the category, as a result of fluctuating global prices of cotton. As a result, in 2013 better development was witnessed by private label products, which are cheaper, but also tend to be lighter per pack. Lithuanians mainly use cotton wool/buds/pads for cosmetic purposes. For this reason cotton pads and cotton buds dominate sales in the category and took over the share of cotton wool already some time ago. In 2013 some further penetration of products with organic and fair trade labels could be observed.
- Grocery retailer Rimi Baltic maintained its leadership in cotton wool/buds/pads with 28% value share in 2013. The company’s performance is represented by its Softstar private label, which accounts for all sales of cotton wool/buds/pads sold within the company’s retail chain. The products offered under this brand are very competitive in terms of price and quality. The second largest player is Torunskie Zaklady Materialow Opatrunkowych (TZMO) and its Bella brand with value share of 19% in 2013. The company’s success derives from its long presence in Lithuania and well-developed distribution. The Bella brand is widely known in hygiene and easily recognised by most women. In addition to this, the company has a high price-quality ratio and wide product assortment in cotton wool, buds and pads.
- Cotton wool/buds/pads is expected to benefit from the recovering economy and increasing purchasing power over the forecast period. This is expected to allow consumers to buy higher-quality products. However, significant consumer interest is expected to focus more towards economy brands and a further squeeze in the standard price band is expected to occur in Lithuania. Value performance is expected to be affected by global prices for raw cotton mainly. The share of organic products or products with a fair trade label is likely to increase, as the number of consumers who have environmental and social concerns is increasing in Lithuania.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads Market Research Report
Sample Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads industry in Lithuania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads industry in Lithuania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads in Lithuania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads in Lithuania?
- What are the major brands in Lithuania?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads in Lithuania - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Retail Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads: Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads in Lithuania - Company Profiles
Torunskie Zaklady Materialow Opatrunkowych SA (TZMO) in Tissue and Hygiene (Lithuania)
- Summary 1 Torunskie Zaklady Materialow Opatrunkowych SA (TMZO): Key Facts
- Summary 2 Torunskie Zaklady Materialow Opatrunkowych SA (TMZO): Competitive Position 2013
Tissue and Hygiene in Lithuania - Industry Context
In tissue and hygiene positive development is witnessed across the board
Improving purchasing power and consumer confidence benefit sales in 2013
Fewer changes are observed in competitive environment
Continuation of previous trends in distribution can be observed
Continuation of recovery is expected over the forecast period
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2008-2013
- Table 8 Infant Population 2008-2013
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2008-2013
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2008-2013
- Table 11 Households 2008-2013
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2013-2018
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2013-2018
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 21 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 3 Research Sources