- Cotton wool/buds/pads is rather developed category in Lithuania, which could be seen from its more or less stable sales. 2012 performance was largely defined by recovering consumer habits after the crisis. Price in this category is largely defined by global prices on cotton. Cotton wool/buds/pads are mainly consumed for cosmetic purposes in Lithuania. Cotton pads and cotton buds already replaced cotton wool in cosmetics application/removal for most women in Lithuania some time ago. In 2012 the declining trend in cotton wool is still felt but not as significantly as it was before. The consumer base amongst all categories has more or less stabilised in Lithuania. In 2012 a number of products with organic and fair trade labels were observed.
- Grocery retailer Rimi Baltic continued to lead sales in cotton wool/buds/pads with value share of 28% in 2012. The company’s success derives from its Softstar private label brand, which represents nearly all sales of cotton wool/buds/pads sold within the company’s retail chain. Products offered under this brand are very competitive in terms of price and quality. Another major player in this category is Torunskie Zaklady Materialow Opatrunkowych (TZMO) and its Bella brand. In 2012 that company achieved a 20% value share in cotton wool/buds/pads. In addition to having a high quality and price ratio, TZMO also has a wide presence and product range within this category.
- Cotton wool/buds/pads is expected to show stability with some recovery trend in the first half of the forecast period. Nevertheless, the volume CAGR is barely expected to reach 1% for the forecast period. Prices for raw cotton will remain a major determinant factor in the value development. The consumer profile is not expected to change significantly and value for money will continue to be a major decision-making factor. The share of organic products or products with a fair trade label is likely to increase, as the number of consumers who have environmental and social concerns is increasing in Lithuania.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads Market Research Report
Sample Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads industry in Lithuania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads industry in Lithuania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads in Lithuania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads in Lithuania?
- What are the major brands in Lithuania?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads in Lithuania - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 4 Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads: Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads in Lithuania - Company Profiles
Torunskie Zaklady Materialow Opatrunkowych SA (TZMO) in Tissue and Hygiene (Lithuania)
- Summary 1 Torunskie Zaklady Materialow Opatrunkowych SA (TMZO): Key Facts
- Summary 2 Torunskie Zaklady Materialow Opatrunkowych SA (TMZO): Competitive Position 2012
Tissue and Hygiene in Lithuania - Industry Context
Recovering economy and increased minimum salary have positive impact
Less discounting increases average unit price
Competitive environment nearly unchanged
Supermarkets, hypermarkets and health and beauty retailers are in favour again
Confidence improves over the forecast period
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2007-2012
- Table 8 Infant Population 2007-2012
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 11 Households 2007-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2012-2017
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 18 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 19 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 20 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 21 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 3 Research Sources