- In 2012 Procter & Gamble launched a new woman’s razor under the Gillette Venus brand. The new product is a female version of the men’s 3-blade Mach3. The new razor also has a lubricating strip with aloe vera and vitamin E. According to the company women in Brazil still use specific men’s products for shaving, and thus Procter & Gamble expects to increase consumption among women through value-added products such as Gillette Venus.
- Procter & Gamble ranked first with a value share of 32% in 2012, representing a slight decrease compared with the previous year, mostly due to its Gillette Prestobarba brand in women’s razors and blades. Since 2012 the company has invested heavily in the Venus brand in order to improve its participation in the women’s razors category with value-added products in coming years.
- New product developments in depilatories under value-added benefits are expected to drive sales over the forecast period, when launches will be focused on hydrating skin and greater duration of effect. Due to increased competition with permanent hair removal services, especially in the largest cities, companies will enhance their products’ attributes along lines of convenience and price/quality ratio in order to boost consumption of these products.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Depilatories Market Research Report
Sample Depilatories Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Depilatories industry in Brazil with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Depilatories industry in Brazil, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Depilatories in Brazil market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Depilatories in Brazil?
- What are the major brands in Brazil?
- What is the most prevalent format in hair removal products?
- What are the key product development trends in razors and blades?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Beauty and Personal Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Depilatories in Brazil - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Depilatories by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Depilatories by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Women's Razors and Blades by Type: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 4 Depilatories NBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 5 Depilatories LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Depilatories by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Depilatories by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Depilatories in Brazil - Company Profiles
Avon Cosméticos Ltda in Beauty and Personal Care (Brazil)
- Summary 1 Avon Cosméticos Ltda: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Avon Cosméticos Ltda: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Avon Cosméticos Ltda: Production Statistics 2012
- Summary 4 Avon Cosméticos Ltda: Competitive Position 2012
Procter & Gamble do Brasil SA in Beauty and Personal Care (Brazil)
- Summary 5 Procter & Gamble do Brasil SA: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Procter & Gamble do Brasil SA: Production Statistics 2012
- Summary 7 Procter & Gamble do Brasil SA: Competitive Position 2012
Beauty and Personal Care in Brazil - Industry Context
Beauty and personal care rebounds in 2012
O Boticário: top selling company
Direct selling companies continue to struggle
Health and beauty retailers continue to gain distribution share
Outlook remains optimistic
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Manufacturers strive to remain competitive
Direct selling losing ground to health and beauty retailers
Beauty and personal care remains resistant to economic slowdown
Botica: top-selling company in 2012
Leading players expand production and distribution in Brazil
- Table 8 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 9 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 10 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 12 Beauty and Personal Care GBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 13 Beauty and Personal Care NBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 14 Beauty and Personal Care LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 15 Penetration of Private Label in Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Distribution Format: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category and by Distribution Format: % Value Analysis 2012
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 8 Research Sources