- As consumers become increasingly sophisticated and the economy improves, consumers are earning higher disposable incomes which are permitting them to shift away from homemade remedies to modern forms of medication for digestive ailments
- Sanofi remained successful in 2013 with a 39% value share, enjoying one of the highest increases in the year. This is thanks to its flagship and popular brand Flagyl, given its long-standing presence on the market and reliability for high efficiency. The effective distribution of this product across the country and its relatively cheap price further boosted its edge. In some drugstores it is even retailed in smaller quantities.
- It is expected that digestive remedies will increase at a value CAGR of 5% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. Population growth and rising incomes are expected to drive sales over the forecast period. With population growth rising in urban centres, where water supply challenges abound and hygiene conditions could be a great concern, sales values are guaranteed to be on the rise.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Digestive Remedies Market Research Report
Sample Digestive Remedies Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Digestive Remedies industry in Cameroon with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Digestive Remedies industry in Cameroon, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Digestive Remedies in Cameroon market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Digestive Remedies in Cameroon?
- What are the major brands in Cameroon?
- Are there any herbal/traditional home-made digestive remedies, like charcoal, which compete strongly with standard medicinal products?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Digestive Remedies in Cameroon - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Digestive Remedies: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Digestive Remedies: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Consumer Health in Cameroon - Industry Context
Consumer health maintains strong performance in 2013
Increasing disposable incomes drive preventive health care
International brands continue to lead the consumer health environment
Independent chemists/pharmacies remains the leading distribution channel
Forecast performance expected to be positive
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Consumer health grows in line with increasing working population
The battle against fake drugs persists amidst rising self-medication
Consumer expenditure grows in line with growing GDP
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources