- Digestive remedies continued to record more growth in in 2012 with an increase of 8%. This is increasingly due to lifestyle habits and prevailing poor hygiene and water conditions, especially in rural and overcrowded urban areas. Unregulated food products prepared under doubtful sanitary conditions also contribute to the proliferation of digestive problems. Consumers who had increasingly turned to homemade remedies for such ailments had to turn to standard medication, especially first aid diarrhoeal remedies, as home/traditional remedies proved less effective. Consumers are increasingly sceptical of using home/traditional remedies for digestive issues, which tend to offer less rapid relief.
- Sanofi-Aventis continued to be successful in 2012 with its flagship and popular brand Flagyl, which is commonly sold in all pharmacies and known everywhere. Flagyl is a highly appreciated and recommended diarrhoeal remedy among consumers, pharmacists and even healthcare workers. It is also the most demanded digestive remedy due to its effectiveness and affordable pricing. In some drugstores it is even retailed in smaller quantities.
- Forecast period constant value CAGR of 5% will represent an improvement on the corresponding review period performance of 4% This will be thanks to increased awareness among consumers regarding sanitary issues. Government alerts on cholera outbreaks are helping to drive sales, especially of diarrhoeal remedies. Prices are forecast to drop as cheaper generics increasingly penetrate the market.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Digestive Remedies Market Research Report
Sample Digestive Remedies Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Digestive Remedies industry in Cameroon with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Digestive Remedies industry in Cameroon, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Digestive Remedies in Cameroon market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Digestive Remedies in Cameroon?
- What are the major brands in Cameroon?
- Are there any herbal/traditional home-made digestive remedies, like charcoal, which compete strongly with standard medicinal products?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Digestive Remedies in Cameroon - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Digestive Remedies Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 4 Digestive Remedies Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Consumer Health in Cameroon - Industry Context
Consumer health maintains solid performance over review period
Self-medication continues to grow despite medical insurance availability
International brands continue to lead consumer health environment
Independent chemists/pharmacies continue to lead sales
Forecast performance expected to be stronger
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Growing population results in increased demand
Self-medication continues to increase among middle-income earners
Illicit sales of drugs continues to thrive on consumer price sensitivity
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 12 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 13 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements’ registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources