- Digestive remedies in Turkey was stable in current value terms in 2013, which was lower than the 5% current value CAGR registered in the category over the review period. The growth prospects for digestive remedies remain largely dependent on the performance of antacids, which is the category with the highest value sales in digestive remedies in Turkey. OTC sales of antacids are falling in Turkey, as many people are reluctant to pay the high consultation fees applied to these products, and are switching to antiulcerants such as such as Lansor, Nexium and Omeprol, which provide more immediate relief due to the higher dose of the active ingredient, which allows consumers to claim reimbursement on the cost.
- Bayer Türk Kimya retained its leading position in digestive remedies with a 78% value share in 2013, due to the high recognition of its brands, namely Talcid and Rennie. During the Gezi Park protests, which started at the end of May 2013 in Istanbul, and spread to other parts of the country as a reaction to the government’s policies, the protestors were sprayed with tear-gas, and many protestors started to carry amateur or professional masks, as well as anti-acid solutions to reduce the effects of the gas, easily available by mixing water and Talcid. Although this event led to a temporary increase in sales of Talcid during the events in June, % it could not prevent full-year sales of Talcid from declining by 7%.
- Overall digestive remedies is expected to increase by a CAGR of 1% in terms of value sales at constant 2013 prices over the course of the forecast period, as the regulatory framework in the category is unlikely to change in the first half of the forecast period, and the majority of Turkish people will still have to pay a TL1 consultation fee per pack of antacids if they wish to purchase more than three packs at once; common practice amongst Turkish consumers, who prefer to purchase their antacids in bulk.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Digestive Remedies Market Research Report
Sample Digestive Remedies Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Digestive Remedies industry in Turkey with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Digestive Remedies industry in Turkey, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Digestive Remedies in Turkey market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Digestive Remedies in Turkey?
- What are the major brands in Turkey?
- Are there any herbal/traditional home-made digestive remedies, like charcoal, which compete strongly with standard medicinal products?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Digestive Remedies in Turkey - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Digestive Remedies: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Digestive Remedies: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Digestive Remedies in Turkey - Company Profiles
Bayer Türk Kimya Sanayi Ltd Sti in Consumer Health (Turkey)
- Summary 1 Bayer Türk Kimya Sanayi Ltd Sti: Operational Indicators
- Summary 2 Bayer Türk Kimya Sanayi Ltd Sti: Production Statistics 2013
- Summary 3 Bayer Türk Kimya Sanayi Ltd Sti: Competitive Position 2013
Consumer Health in Turkey - Industry Context
Consumer health shows strong growth in 2013
The leading pharmaceutical players focus on OTC products
International players dominate consumer health
Chemists/pharmacies continues to dominate
Positive performance expected over the next five years
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Changing demographics shape consumer health in Turkey
New OTC switches increase unit prices
Government measures will benefit overall healthcare
Health and wellness trend benefits consumer health
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2008-2013
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2008-2013
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 4 OTC: Switches 2011-2013
- Summary 5 Research Sources