- With rising education levels among Turkish parents and increasing availability of medicines, the preference for traditional homemade digestive remedies has been decreasing in Turkey. Improving childcare education and awareness results in Turkish parents increasingly preferring to use paediatric digestive remedies for their children, which positively affects the overall performance of digestive remedies.
- Bayer Türk Kimya continues to lead digestive remedies with a 76% value share in 2014, due to the high recognition of its brands, namely Rennie and Talcid, which have 46% and 31% value shares, respectively. Nevertheless, both brands’ sales are decreasing in 2014 due to the increasing consumer preference for Rx products. Turkish consumers’ enthusiasm for spending decreases as a consequence of the bleak macroeconomic picture in the country. Most consumers switch to Rx products such as antiulcerants, which is believed to be more effective than their OTC counterparts.
- Overall, digestive remedies is expected to register a value CAGR of 4% at constant 2014 prices, over the forecast period, which is significantly higher than the negative review period CAGR of 4%. The main impetus behind the better performance will be the new OTC regulation which is expected to be enacted in 2015-2016. With the new regulation, increasing numbers of products will switch from Rx to OTC which will bolster the forecast growth of the category.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Digestive Remedies Market Research Report
Sample Digestive Remedies Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Digestive Remedies industry in Turkey with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Digestive Remedies industry in Turkey, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Digestive Remedies in Turkey market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Digestive Remedies in Turkey?
- What are the major brands in Turkey?
- Are there any herbal/traditional home-made digestive remedies, like charcoal, which compete strongly with standard medicinal products?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Consumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Digestive Remedies in Turkey - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Digestive Remedies: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Digestive Remedies: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Digestive Remedies by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Digestive Remedies in Turkey - Company Profiles
Bayer Türk Kimya Sanayi Ltd Sti in Consumer Health (Turkey)
- Summary 1 Bayer Türk Kimya Sanayi Ltd Sti: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Bayer Türk Kimya Sanayi Ltd Sti: Production Statistics 2014
- Summary 3 Bayer Türk Kimya Sanayi Ltd Sti: Competitive Position 2014
Berko Ilac ve Kimya Sanayi AS in Consumer Health (Turkey)
- Summary 4 Berko Ilac ve Kimya Sanayi AS: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Berko Ilac ve Kimya Sanayi AS: Competitive Position 2014
Consumer Health in Turkey - Industry Context
Despite continuing to register positive performance, consumer health registers slower growth
Uncontrolled sales of Rx products without prescription hinders growth of OTC categories
International players continue to dominate consumer health
Chemist/pharmacies continues to dominate consumer health
Over the forecast period, consumer health is expected to register positive growth
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Lack of OTC regulation negatively affects sales of OTC products
Deteriorating macroeconomic performance hinders growth
Increasing presence of OTC products within pharmacies positively stimulates growth
RURAL VS URBAN KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2009-2014
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2009-2014
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 6 OTC:Switches 2012-2014
- Summary 7 Research Sources