- 2015 started to show signs of continuity from 2014. The dog population is set to continue to slightly decrease overall, whilst the number small breeds is expected to increase. The shift towards small breeds is strictly related to increasing urbanisation and to the reduction in households’ living space. At the same time, premiumisation and humanisation, whilst less significant for dog food than for cat food, are likely to result in an increase in value sales.
- In 2015 the competitive landscape in dog food is likely remain very similar to 2014. Mars Belgium, Royal Canin Benelux and Nestlé Purina PetCare are expected to continue to hold the majority of the value share.
- The dog population is expected to decline over the forecast period 2015-2020. Such a decline is likely to lead to a further fall in volume sales. In value terms at constant 2015 prices the category is expected to remain afloat, thanks to the positive performance expected for premium and super-premium brands.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Dog Food Market Research Report
Sample Dog Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dog Food industry in Belgium with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dog Food industry in Belgium, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Dog Food in Belgium market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Dog Food in Belgium?
- What are the major brands in Belgium?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared dog food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Dog Food in Belgium - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Dog Owning Households: % Analysis 2010-2015
- Table 2 Dog Population 2010-2015
- Table 3 Consumption of Dog Food by Prepared vs Non-prepared: % Analysis 2010-2015
- Summary 1 Dog Food by Price Band 2015
- Table 4 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 7 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Dog Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Treats: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
Dog Food in Belgium - Company Profiles
Aniserco SA/NV in Pet Care (Belgium)
- Summary 2 Aniserco SA NV: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Aniserco SA NV: Operational Indicators
- Summary 4 Aniserco SA NV: Private Label Portfolio
- Summary 5 Aniserco SA NV: Competitive Position 2014
Beaphar Belgium Bvba in Pet Care (Belgium)
- Summary 6 Beaphar Belgium BVBA: Key Facts
- Summary 7 Beaphar Belgium BVBA: Competitive Position 2014
Versele-Laga NV in Pet Care (Belgium)
- Summary 8 Versele-Laga NV: Key Facts
- Summary 9 Versele-Laga NV: Operational Indicators
- Summary 10 Versele-Laga NV: Competitive Position 2014
Pet Care in Belgium - Industry Context
Volume sales decline as the pet population diminishes
Premiumisation and humanisation drive value growth
Multinational players remain dominant
A strong distribution divide
Premiumisation to drive value growth in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Humanisation and premiumisation drive value growth
The distribution divide
Strong regulation impacts growth
- Table 16 Pet Populations 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 29 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 33 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 11 Research Sources