- In 2013, some sources fear the gloomy economic climate could have a more detrimental effect than in 2012, which still enjoyed a positive GDP growth during the first months but not during the second half of the year. However, the majority of experts deem volume sales will continue to slightly recede, not only due to the comeback of recession but also due to a structural trend. Thus, 2013 will not witness drastic changes for dog food in the Belgian market in continuity from 2012.
- The competitive landscape remains rather concentrated in dog food, with the top three ranking NBOs, Mars Belgium, Royal Canin Benelux and Nestlé Purina PetCare, achieving 55% of the sector value sales in 2012. Mars Belgium NV SA, a company with a comprehensive brand portfolio which includes Pedigree, Frolic and Cesar, accounted for 34% of total value sales in dog food during 2012; and Nestlé Purina PetCare SA NV, which offers the Purina and Friskies Purina brands, accounted for 11%.
- The outlook is rather grey in dog food, at least for mainstream brands positioned in grocery retailers or small local companies struggling to maintain their share in specialised stores. The mainstream brands could be tempted to favour cat food where there is still plenty of room for growth thanks to the growing pet population and the potential of its new segments – sterilised cats notably. The small local companies could suffer from the expected difficulties of independent pet shops that have less financial backing than pet superstores.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Dog Food Market Research Report
Sample Dog Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dog Food industry in Belgium with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dog Food industry in Belgium, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Dog Food in Belgium market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Dog Food in Belgium?
- What are the major brands in Belgium?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared dog food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Dog Food in Belgium - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Dog Owning Households: % Analysis 2008-2013
- Table 2 Dog Population 2008-2013
- Table 3 Consumption of Prepared Dog Food: % Analysis 2008-2013
- Summary 1 Dog Food by Price Band 2013
- Table 4 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 7 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Dog Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Treats: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Dog Food in Belgium - Company Profiles
Beaphar Belgium Bvba in Pet Care (Belgium)
- Summary 2 Beaphar Belgium BVBA: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Beaphar Belgium BVBA: Competitive Position 2012
Versele-Laga NV in Pet Care (Belgium)
- Summary 4 Versele-Laga NV: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Versele-Laga NV: Operational Indicators
- Summary 6 Versele-Laga NV: Competitive Position 2012
Pet Care in Belgium - Industry Context
Pet care remains “recession proof” in Belgium up to 2013
Premiumisation props up value sales of pet care
Grocery retailers lead but progress less than specialist channels
Added value to support value growth in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Pet care remains recession-proof up to 2013
Urbanisation coupled with ageing population work in favour of cats over dogs
Pet humanisation continues
Grocery retailers dominate but specialised retailers perform better
Multinationals still dominate, with Nestlé Purina PetCare outperforming Mars Belgium
- Table 16 Pet Populations 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 20 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2006-2011
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 27 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2012
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 29 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 33 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 7 Research Sources