- Dog food in Brazil continued to register positive growth during 2013, in a continuation of the prevailing trend throughout the review period. The reasons behind this positive growth are generally related to the fact that the category’s leading manufacturers continue to invest in the development of value-added products which can provide dogs with well-balanced nutrition. The leading manufacturers in the category also continue to invest in product segmentation, developing products which are specific to individual breeds, sizes and ages of dogs. Grandfood Indústria e Comércio, the owner of the Premier dog food brand, is one of the companies which has invested substantial amounts in product segmentation and differentiation in the category in recent years. Several years ago, the company launched a dog food variant designed for small dogs which live predominantly indoors, mainly those kept in flats and apartments. This dog food claimed to help reduce the offensive odour of dog faeces.
- Mars Brasil maintained its leading position in dog food during 2013 with a value share of 23%. In addition, the company’s value sales in the category increased by 11% in current terms over the course of the year. Mars has been able to maintain its leadership in dog food due to extremely high consumer awareness of its Pedigree brand, combined with its very strong marketing campaigns, which encompassed television advertising, social media promotion and the use of point-of-sale materials.
- Dog food is expected to increase in value at a CAGR of 3% in constant 2014 terms over the forecast period, rising to BRL11.8 billion in 2019. As there are still many dog owners in Brazil who feed their pets with kitchen scraps, offcuts of meat and leftover food, it is expected that the consumer mentality towards canine nutrition will continue to evolve over the course of the forecast period, with increasing numbers of Brazilian dog owners coming to appreciate that it is necessary to provide their dogs with adequate nutrition.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Dog Food Market Research Report
Sample Dog Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dog Food industry in Brazil with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dog Food industry in Brazil, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Dog Food in Brazil market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Dog Food in Brazil?
- What are the major brands in Brazil?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared dog food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Dog Food in Brazil - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Dog Owning Households: % Analysis 2009-2014
- Table 2 Dog Population 2009-2014
- Table 3 Consumption of Dog Food by Prepared vs Non-prepared: % Analysis 2009-2014
- Summary 1 Dog Food by Price Band 2014
- Table 4 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 5 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 6 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 7 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Dog Food by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Treats: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Dog Food in Brazil - Company Profiles
Mars Brasil Alimentos Ltda in Pet Care (Brazil)
- Summary 2 Mars Brasil Alimentos Ltda: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Mars Brasil Alimentos Ltda: Competitive Position 2013
Mogiana Alimentos SA in Pet Care (Brazil)
- Summary 4 Mogiana Alimentos SA: Key Facts
- Summary 5 Mogiana Alimentos SA: Competitive Position 2013
Pet Care in Brazil - Industry Context
Consumers are seeking value added products
Pet humanisation continues to boost sales
Competition in the premium segment continues to grow
Cobasi introduces a new retail chain in order to compete with pet shops
Pet care is expected to grow at a reasonable pace over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Awareness of therapeutic pet food increases throughout Brazil
Internet retailers expand their portfolio to offer pet food and pet products
Manufacturers continue to invest in the development of premium pet food
- Table 16 Pet Populations 2009-2014
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 20 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 25 Penetration of Private Label in Pet Care by Category: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 27 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 29 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 33 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 6 Research Sources