- Growth in dog food is expected to slow down in current value and retail volume terms during 2014, with volume sales set to rise by 15% and current value sales set to rise by 27%. This sustained high growth is set to be due mainly to the unfortunate security situation in the country, which has led many upper-middle-income and high-income households to acquire guard dogs in order to provide security for their homes. This, in turn, had a very positive effect on sales of dog food in Egypt towards the end of the review period.
- Nestlé Purina remains the leader player in dog food in Egypt and the company held a value share of 45% in 2013, followed by Royal Canin with a value share of 26%. Nestlé Purina faced some difficulties in Egypt during 2012 due to the bureaucracy it faced from Egypt’s customs and excise agency, which halted or slowed the entry of dry dog food into the country. However, with the popularity and wide availability of the company’s dog food brands such as Dog Chow and Puppy Chow in various different retail channels, during 2013 the company was able to revert to regular sales levels, with the result that its value share recovered after it overcame the issues it faced during the previous year.
- As the variety of brands and products available in dog food continues to increase and as the scope of the retailers of these products continue to expand, it is likely that greater economies of scale will develop, giving these companies enjoying advantages against smaller pet shops in Egypt’s major cities. Price competition is expected to set in and begin reducing the pace of annual unit price increases. Egypt’s pet shops are expected to attempt to compete by expanding their outlet networks into different locations, especially suburban areas of Cairo and Alexandria, where many new residential compounds are being built, as this will enable them to establish proximity to their existing customers and potential new customers.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Dog Food Market Research Report
Sample Dog Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dog Food industry in Egypt with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dog Food industry in Egypt, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Dog Food in Egypt market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Dog Food in Egypt?
- What are the major brands in Egypt?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared dog food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Dog Food in Egypt - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Dog Owning Households: % Analysis 2009-2014
- Table 2 Dog Population 2009-2014
- Table 3 Consumption of Dog Food by Prepared vs Non-prepared: % Analysis 2009-2014
- Summary 1 Dog Food by Price Band 2014
- Table 4 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 5 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 6 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 7 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Dog Food by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Treats: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Dog Food in Egypt - Company Profiles
Joe Trade Co SAE in Pet Care (Egypt)
- Summary 2 Joe Trade Co SAE: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Joe Trade Co SAE: Competitive Position 2013
Pet Care in Egypt - Industry Context
Pet care industry on the rise despite economic and political instability
Political instability and the lack of security leads to lifestyle shifts for many Egyptians
Strong distribution supply chains further bolster the success of pet food suppliers
Pet shops remains the dominant retail distribution channel for pet care
High levels of competition continue to drive growth in pet care in Egypt
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Increase in the number of boarding kennels operating in Egypt
Changes in Egyptian lifestyles are accompanied by a major migration to the suburbs
Animal welfare and rights movement flourishes in Egypt
- Table 16 Pet Populations 2009-2014
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2009-2014
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2009-2014
- Table 20 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 25 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 27 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 4 Research Sources