- Retail value and volume growth in dog food slowed down in 2015 compared to the previous year, whilst still being strong; volume sales rose by 7% and current value sales were up by 15%. This sustained high growth is due to price increases that retailers made after government legislation limited the amount of US dollar deposits in banks to US$50,000 monthly; this caused suppliers to reduce the amount of imports and the volume of supply to the pet care market.
- Nestlé Purina remains the leading player in dog food in Egypt and the company held a value share of 48% in 2014, followed by Royal Canin with a value share of 27%. The popularity of Nestlé Purina’s dog food brands such as Dog Chow and Puppy Chow in various different retail channels makes it the leader in this category.
- As the variety of brands and products available in dog food continues to increase and as the scope of the retailers of these products continues to expand, it is likely that greater economies of scale will develop, giving these companies further advantages over smaller pet shops in Egypt’s major cities. Price competition is expected to set in and begin reducing the pace of annual unit price increases. Egypt’s pet shops are expected to attempt to compete by expanding their outlet networks into different locations.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Dog Food Market Research Report
Sample Dog Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dog Food industry in Egypt with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dog Food industry in Egypt, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Dog Food in Egypt market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Dog Food in Egypt?
- What are the major brands in Egypt?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared dog food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Dog Food in Egypt - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Dog Owning Households: % Analysis 2010-2015
- Table 2 Dog Population 2010-2015
- Table 3 Consumption of Dog Food by Prepared vs Non-prepared: % Analysis 2010-2015
- Table 4 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 5 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 6 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 7 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Dog Food by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Treats: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 1 Dog Food by Price Band 2015
Dog Food in Egypt - Company Profiles
Joe Trade Co SAE in Pet Care (Egypt)
- Summary 2 Joe Trade Co SAE: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Joe Trade Co SAE: Competitive Position 2014
Pet Care in Egypt - Industry Context
Stability in political situations increases market growth
Incremental price increases seen in pet care in 2015
Nestlé Purina PetCare Co leads in pet care in 2015
Supply chain with strong distribution increases sales in 2015
Room remains available for new entries
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
New government legislation affects value sales in 2015
Low-income classes with much presence in the pet care market
Economic uncertainty prevails
- Table 16 Pet Populations 2010-2015
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2010-2015
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2010-2015
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2010-2015
- Table 20 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2010-2015
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 25 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 27 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2010-2015
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2015
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2015-2020
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2015-2020
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2015-2020
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2015-2020
- Summary 4 Research Sources