- Retail value, in constant terms, and retail volume of dog food in Egypt are expected to grow in 2013 at respective rates of 29% and 18%, which are lower than the 2012 growth rates. The continued high growth performance will be due to the weakening of domestic security in the country which forms concern amongst upper middle- and high-income consumers who consequently seek to buy guard dogs for the security of their homes and businesses. The widening ownership of dogs will support high growth of dog food in Egypt in 2013.
- There has been a shift away from established dog food brands by Nestlé Purina towards premium brands such as Royal Canin and Blue Buffalo. The reasoning behind this is that modern grocery retailers do not provide products that answer consumer demands, such as convenient economy sizes and brand variety. Pet shops have substantially stocked up on brands beyond those which are provided in modern grocery retail and, with the entrance of retailers such as Egy Puppy in 2010, they have introduced brands such as Blue Buffalo in 2012. This new entrant brand attained second position in wet dog food and fourth in dry dog food with respective value shares of 22% and 10%, thus altering the competitive landscape from 2011.
- As brand variety increases and as retailers, such as Egy Puppy, expand, it is likely that they will utilise their economies of scale advantage against smaller operating pet shops in major cities. Price competitiveness will set in and begin to slow down price increases each year. However, due to demand being sourced from high-income consumers and the relatively high margins that dog food has, prices are unlikely to drop significantly in the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Dog Food Market Research Report
Sample Dog Food Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dog Food industry in Egypt with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dog Food industry in Egypt, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Dog Food in Egypt market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Dog Food in Egypt?
- What are the major brands in Egypt?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared dog food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Pet Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Dog Food in Egypt - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Dog Owning Households: % Analysis 2008-2013
- Table 2 Dog Population 2008-2013
- Table 3 Consumption of Prepared Dog Food: % Analysis 2008-2013
- Summary 1 Dog Food by Price Band 2013
- Table 4 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 5 Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 6 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 7 Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 8 Sales of Premium Dog Food by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Dog Treats: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Dog Food by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Dog Food in Egypt - Company Profiles
Joe Trade Co SAE in Pet Care (Egypt)
- Summary 2 Joe Trade Co SAE: Key Facts
- Summary 3 Joe Trade Co SAE: Competitive Position 2012
Pet Care in Egypt - Industry Context
Pet dog population on the rise as pet cat population stagnates
Domestic security concerns fuel demand in 2012 and 2013
New entrants drastically raise value sales of pet care
Pet shops continue to be the dominant channel
Economy sized premium dry dog food is expected to provide the highest volume performance
Ongoing political uncertainty has minimal impact on dog food and pet products
Pet shops premiumise to keep big spenders
Middle-income consumers continue to shift towards unprepared food
- Table 16 Pet Populations 2008-2013
- Table 17 Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2008-2013
- Table 18 Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 19 Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2008-2013
- Table 20 Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 21 NBO Company Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 22 LBN Brand Shares of Pet Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 23 NBO Company Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2008-2012
- Table 24 LBN Brand Shares of Dog and Cat Food: % Value 2009-2012
- Table 25 Distribution of Pet Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 26 Distribution of Pet Care by Format and Category: % Value 2012
- Table 27 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 28 Distribution of Dog and Cat Food by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 29 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: Volume 2013-2018
- Table 30 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 31 Forecast Sales of Pet Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2013-2018
- Table 32 Forecast Sales of Pet Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 4 Research Sources