- Eye care in India continued to be dominated by Rx medicines in 2012. Consumers, due to the sensitivity of the eyes, and in order to avoid any mishaps with their vision, were careful with the medicines used to cure eye infections.
- The current leading manufacturers of prescription eye care products are likely to also enter OTC eye care in the forecast period, as the need for OTC eye care products is likely to increase. OTC products in general are expected to grow by a CAGR of 7%, which will encourage the manufacturers of eye care products to enter the category.
- Rising knowledge and awareness of OTC products is likely to generate demand amongst consumers for eye care products. Increased use of computers and laptops will help to build an OTC market for standard eye care. Similarly, increased pollution and random season changes will increase the demand for allergy eye care products.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Eye Care Market Research Report
Sample Eye Care Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Eye Care industry in India with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Eye Care industry in India, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Eye Care in India market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Eye Care in India?
- What are the major brands in India?
- How are population trends affecting eye care product sales?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, ourConsumer Health market research database.
Table of Contents
Eye Care in India - Category Analysis
Consumer Health in India - Industry Context
Increased awareness of OTC products fuels the growth of consumer health
Increasingly fast-paced lives drive the growth of weight loss supplements
The competitive environment continues to be highly fragmented
Grocery retailers carve a niche in the distribution of consumer health products
Consumer health is expected to maintain strong growth over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Self-medication picks up amongst the urban population
Herbal/traditional products attract consumers
Bollywood celebrities and sports stars are recruited to drive sales
Lifestyle changes drive the growth of unconventional OTC products
Distribution of consumer health products continues to be dominated by chemists/pharmacies
TERRITORY KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
East and Northeast India
RURAL VS URBAN KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
- Table 1 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services 2007-2012
- Table 2 Life Expectancy at Birth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 5 Sales of Consumer Health by Region: Value 2007-2012
- Table 6 Sales of Consumer Health by Region: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 7 Sales of Consumer Health by Rural-Urban % Value Analysis 2012
- Table 8 Consumer Health Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 9 Consumer Health Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Region: Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Region: % Value Growth 2012-2017
OTC registration and classification
Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
Self-medication/self-care and preventative medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources