- Hair care in Cameroon increased in current value by 5% during 2012. This favourable performance can be mainly attributed to the fact that many Cameroonian consumers had access to more information about the contribution that appropriate hair care can make to one’s general beauty and personal care regime through magazines and international cable and satellite television channels. In addition, the stabilisation of the Cameroonian economy and ongoing improvements in disposable income levels for many Cameroonians meant that higher numbers of Cameroonians were able to purchase hair care products during 2012. When all of this is taken into consideration and rising levels of Westernisation are factored in, increasing numbers of Cameroonian consumers are prepared to take the step of using perms and relaxants to soften and straighten their naturally wavy African hair. Smooth, soft and silky hair is becoming increasingly popular among Cameroonian women who seek to imitate the celebrities they admire from magazines and television. This led to rising demand for hair care products generally in Cameroon during 2012.
- Unilever Group led hair care in Cameroon during 2012 as its Dove umbrella brand is becoming a household name in Cameroon. Apart from its reputation for high levels of quality and its affordable pricing, the Dove brand is also widely available on retail shelves across Cameroon.
- Hair care in Cameroon is set to increase in constant value at a CAGR of 3% over the forecasted period. This growth is set to be propelled mainly by rising disposable income levels as the performance of the Cameroonian economy continues to improve.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Hair Care Market Research Report
Sample Hair Care Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Hair Care industry in Cameroon with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Hair Care industry in Cameroon, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Hair Care in Cameroon market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Hair Care in Cameroon?
- What are the major brands in Cameroon?
- Which types of styling agents are most common?
- How are shampoos versus 2-in-1 products performing?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Beauty and Personal Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Hair Care in Cameroon - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Hair Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Hair Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Hair Care Premium Vs Mass % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Styling Agents by Type: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 Hair Care Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 6 Hair Care Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 7 Hair Care Premium Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Hair Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 9 Forecast Sales of Hair Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 10 Forecast Hair Care Premium Vs Mass % Analysis 2012-2017
Hair Care in Cameroon - Company Profiles
Parfumerie Gandour Cameroun in Beauty and Personal Care (Cameroon)
- Summary 1 Parfumerie Gandour Cameroun: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Parfumerie Gandour Cameroun : Competitive Position 2011
Sipca Cameroun in Beauty and Personal Care (Cameroon)
- Summary 3 Sipca Cameroon: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Sipca Cameroun: Production Statistics 2012
- Summary 5 Sipca Cameroon: Competitive Position 2011
Beauty and Personal Care in Cameroon - Industry Context
Sales of beauty and personal care products continue to rise
Higher levels of Westernisation and urbanisation boosts growth
Domestic manufacturers become more popular, while multinationals still dominate
Growth in supermarkets helps boost growth in beauty and personal care
Stable economy and population growth to drive sales in Forecast period
- Table 11 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 14 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 15 Beauty and Personal Care Company Shares by NBO 2008-2012
- Table 16 Beauty and Personal Care Company Shares by GBO 2008-2012
- Table 17 Beauty and Personal Care Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 18 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 20 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category and by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 6 Research Sources