- Innovations in hair care increasingly take their inspiration from other beauty categories such as skin care, colour cosmetics and fragrances. Skin care has had the greatest influence on hair care, with some skin care ingredients being recognised as effective for a healthy scalp and, hence, healthy hair. As a result, more and more hair care products are incorporating skin care ingredients and hair care manufacturers are encouraging consumers to use a multistep routine, a practice that is commonly found in skin care. In addition, targeted offerings have also led to greater segmentation by hair type, with products specifically designed for mature hair or thinning hair, for example.
- L’Oréal Suisse SA was the leading hair care company in Switzerland in 2014, a position achieved through its top brands Elsève, Garnier Fructis and L'Oréal Studio Line, among others. Henkel & Cie AG ranked second in 2014. The company has a strong brand portfolio, notably the Taft brand and Schwarzkopf hair care range, which are well supported by sophisticated marketing. Henkel has a strong reputation for innovation and new product activity remains a key sales driver. Procter & Gamble Switzerland Sarl followed in third position thanks to its star brand Pantene.
- It is expected that innovations in the form of new product features will continue to increase product appeal among consumers, but it is also likely that manufacturers will seek to establish a competitive niche for themselves. As a result, by offering more specific and targeted benefits such as products for thinning or mature hair, hair care manufacturers will define a new category niche, which in turn will boost category size.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Hair Care Market Research Report
Sample Hair Care Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Hair Care industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Hair Care industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Hair Care in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Hair Care in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- Which types of styling agents are most common?
- How are shampoos versus 2-in-1 products performing?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Beauty and Personal Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Hair Care in Switzerland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Hair Care by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 2 Sales of Hair Care by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 3 Sales of Hair Care by Premium vs Mass: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 4 Sales of Styling Agents by Type: % Value Breakdown 2009-2014
- Table 5 NBO Company Shares of Hair Care: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 6 NBO Company Shares of Salon Hair Care: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 7 LBN Brand Shares of Hair Care: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 8 LBN Brand Shares of Colourants: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 9 LBN Brand Shares of Salon Hair Care: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Styling Agents: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Premium Hair Care: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Hair Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Hair Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Hair Care by Premium vs Mass: % Value 2014-2019
Hair Care in Switzerland - Company Profiles
L'Oréal Suisse SA in Beauty and Personal Care (Switzerland)
- Summary 1 L’Oréal Suisse SA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 L’Oréal Suisse SA: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 L’Oréal Suisse SA: Competitive Position 2014
Beauty and Personal Care in Switzerland - Industry Context
Positive but modest results for beauty and personal care in 2014
Focus on individuality impacts beauty and personal care
Multinational operators lead sales of beauty and personal care
Product multifunctionality and convenience remain key
Further growth expected throughout the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Niche perfumery is a hot topic
Online retailing shifts distribution patterns
Taming the big social media wave
- Table 15 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 16 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 17 Sales of Premium Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 18 Sales of Premium Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 19 GBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 20 NBO Company Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 21 LBN Brand Shares of Beauty and Personal Care: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label in Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 23 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 24 Distribution of Beauty and Personal Care by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Premium Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Premium Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 4 Research Sources