- Hair care seems to have reached saturation in Switzerland. As a result, in 2012 manufacturers were seeking to diversify their products in order to stand out from the crowd, notably by adding extra benefits, such as extra nutrients, extra shine and special repair effects or including organic ingredients in their formulae. Besides, there was increasing competition between conventional shampoos and professional hair care brands, such as the brand Syoss, which is sold at bargain prices in grocery retailers, whilst promising efficient results.
- Hair care was dominated by five major players in 2012, one of which was a private label manufacturer. L’Oréal Suisse led hair care in 2012, with its top brands Elsève, Garnier Fructis and L'Oréal Studio Line, and a value share of 29%. There was a wide gap between L’Oréal and second ranked Henkel & Cie with a 14% value share. Procter & Gamble Switzerland held third position with a 12% value share. Switzerland’s largest retailer Migros Genossenschaftsbund and Beiersdorf (Switzerland) held value shares of 9% and 8% respectively in 2012.
- Product diversification is expected to intensify over the forecast period. Age and gender will continue to be the major drivers of sales within hair care. Growth in organic products is expected to lead hair care manufacturers to further explore the possibilities that nature and naturalness can offer. Besides, increasing interest in locally-sourced products or ingredients (such as alpine plants) is forecast to develop in Switzerland.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Hair Care Market Research Report
Sample Hair Care Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Hair Care industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Hair Care industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Hair Care in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Hair Care in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- Which types of styling agents are most common?
- How are shampoos versus 2-in-1 products performing?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Beauty and Personal Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Hair Care in Switzerland - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Hair Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Hair Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Hair Care by Premium Vs Mass: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Styling Agents by Type: % Value Breakdown 2007-2012
- Table 5 Hair Care NBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 6 Hair Care LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Styling Agents LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 8 Colourants LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 9 Salon Hair Care NBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 10 Salon Hair Care LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 11 Hair Care Premium LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Sales of Hair Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Sales of Hair Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Sales of Hair Care by Premium Vs Mass: % Value Analysis 2012-2017
Hair Care in Switzerland - Company Profiles
Spirig Pharma AG in Beauty and Personal Care (Switzerland)
- Summary 1 Spirig Pharma AG: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Spirig Pharma AG: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Spirig Pharma AG: Competitive Position 2012
Beauty and Personal Care in Switzerland - Industry Context
Beauty and personal care is dragged by challenging economic conditions
Cross-border shopping becomes a bigger factor affecting beauty and personal care
Increased private label activity, but multinationals still have a firm grip
Online retailing on the rise
Marginal growth predicted in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Switzerland sees a mixed economic picture
The retail environment is harshly impacted by new consumer shopping habits
Online shopping drives beauty and personal care
Private label fights for shelf space
Convenience features more heavily in beauty and personal care
- Table 15 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 16 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 19 Beauty and Personal Care GBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 20 Beauty and Personal Care NBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 21 Beauty and Personal Care LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label in Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 23 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Distribution Format: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 24 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category and by Distribution Format: % Value Analysis 2012
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 27 Forecast Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 28 Forecast Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 4 Research Sources