- Seasonality is a key factor in home insecticides. During summertime sales of home insecticide products increase because the climate creates the conditions for insects to spread. In 2013 bad weather characterised the Italian summer and reduced the sales of insecticides. Certainly, the struggling economic situation that is going on in Italy had its role in pushing the sales further down, especially amongst the higher priced categories like electric insecticides and other categories of specific insecticides.
- Johnson Wax retained its leadership in 2013 reaching a 40% value share. Its flagship brand Raid ranks first in home insecticides with a 27% value share on its own. Johnson Wax is followed by Guaber, ranked second with a 25% value share thanks to the well-known product range Vape. Both companies were able to strengthen their value shares in 2013 with new product launches.
- Home insecticides is expected to have better constant value performance, albeit still negative, than what was seen during the review period, posting a CAGR of -3% over the forecast period compared to a CAGR of -4% registered between 2008 and 2013. The main factors that will influence the category are the weather conditions and the innovations that companies will be able to bring into the market.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Insecticides Market Research Report
Sample Insecticides Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Insecticides industry in Italy with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Insecticides industry in Italy, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Insecticides in Italy market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Insecticides in Italy?
- What are the major brands in Italy?
- Which type of insects (eg. ants, mosquitoes, flies, cockroaches etc) are most prevalent in Italy?
- What are the key new product launches in the insecticides market?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Home Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Home Insecticides in Italy - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Home Insecticides by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 2 Sales of Home Insecticides by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 3 Sales of Spray/Aerosol Insecticides by Type: % Value Breakdown 2008-2013
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Home Insecticides: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Home Insecticides: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Home Insecticides by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Home Insecticides by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
Home Insecticides in Italy - Company Profiles
Guaber Srl in Home Care (Italy)
- Summary 1 Guaber SpA: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Guaber SRL: Competitive Position 2013
Home Care in Italy - Industry Context
No signs of economic recovery yet
Consumers searching for budget-conscious solutions
International players continue to dominate the home care market
Health and beauty shops’ expanding distribution network
A slower paced decline in future
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Still waiting for a recovery
Consumers’ changing habits
A market blinded by promotional intensity
- Table 8 Households 2008-2013
- Table 9 Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2008-2013
- Table 10 Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2008-2013
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Home Care: % Value 2009-2013
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Home Care: % Value 2010-2013
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Home Care by Category: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 14 Distribution of Home Care by Format: % Value 2008-2013
- Table 15 Distribution of Home Care by Format and Category: % Value 2013
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Summary 3 Research Sources