- Procter & Gamble Philippines led sales in 2012 with a value share of 37%. The company’s success can be attributed to its continuous innovation and offering of unique brands. The hybrid product Tide with Downy was introduced in 2011. In addition, different variants of Ariel, such as Ariel with Downy Passion and Ariel Color & Style, were introduced in 2012. Procter & Gamble’s product portfolio covers all segments of the market and helps the company to attract consumers in different income groups. For example, Bonux, which replaced Mr. Clean, captures price-sensitive consumers while Tide and Ariel serve the middle to high end of the market. In addition, the company also provides products in smaller packaging sizes such as 35g sachets in order to better compete with lower priced products. The company also engages in aggressive marketing campaigns that help increase consumer awareness and further strengthen the appeal of different brands.
- Consumers will continue to look to economise their use of laundry care products. Concentrated products will provide an alternative for consumers who want to use less detergent when cleaning clothes. It is likely that a niche market of consumers will emerge over the forecast period which will switch towards higher quality brands. These are usually more effective at cleaning clothes and require smaller volumes per wash load than standard laundry care products.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Laundry Care Market Research Report
Sample Laundry Care Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Laundry Care industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Laundry Care industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Laundry Care in Philippines market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Laundry Care in Philippines?
- What are the major brands in Philippines?
- What is the performance of concentrated liquid detergents?
- What are the main new products developments in the laundry aids area?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Home Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Laundry Care in the Philippines - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Household Possession of Washing Machines 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Laundry Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Laundry Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 4 Sales of Laundry Aids by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 5 Sales of Laundry Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 6 Sales of Laundry Detergents by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 7 Sales of Laundry Detergents by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 8 Sales of Standard versus Concentrated Fabric Softeners: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 9 Laundry Care Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 10 Laundry Care Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 11 Laundry Aids Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 12 Laundry Aids Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 13 Laundry Detergents Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 14 Laundry Detergents Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Laundry Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Laundry Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Laundry Care in the Philippines - Company Profiles
ACS Manufacturing Corp in Home Care (Philippines)
- Summary 1 ACS Manufacturing Corp: Key Facts
- Summary 2 ACS Manufacturing Corp: Competitive Position 2012
Green Cross Inc in Home Care (Philippines)
- Summary 3 Green Cross Inc: Key Facts
- Summary 4 Green Cross Inc: Competitive Position 2012
Home Care in the Philippines - Industry Context
Slower growth due to consumer’s saving practices and desire for convenience
Eco-friendly products continue to be introduced in home care
Procter & Gamble Philippines continues to lead sales
Supermarkets are main distribution channels
Better industry performance ahead
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Eco-friendly products continue to emerge
Increase in use of digital advertising over traditional tri-media structure
Private label home care products post sluggish growth
New product features address changing consumer lifestyles
Advocacy campaigns remain an effective promotional activity
- Table 17 Households 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 20 Home Care Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 21 Home Care Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 23 Sales of Home Care by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 24 Sales of Home Care by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 5 Research Sources