- In Malaysia there have been significant changes in the perceptions of men, with more Malaysians being concerned about their personal appearance and personal image during work or leisure time. The importance of grooming products was no longer applicable only to women, but also to men, which suggested constant demand for men’s grooming products in 2012. Eyeing this opportunity, manufacturers launched beauty and personal care products specifically targeting men. New launches by the leading players in Malaysia, such as SK-II Men’s Facial Treatment Essence, Clear Styl Express, Clear Activ Sport and Clear Hair Fall Decrease in mass men’s hair care, and Rexona V8 in men’s deodorants, helped to bolster the value growth of men’s grooming in Malaysia, resulting in strong 7% current value growth in 2012. However, the relatively large value base in men’s grooming indicates that it is approaching maturity, which meant that value growth was slightly slower in 2012 compared with 2011.
- Unilever (M) Holdings is the leader in men’s grooming in 2012 with a value share of 27%. Unilever continued to see good performance because of the acquisition of the Brylcreem brand, together with the whole Sara Lee Corporation by Unilever at the global level, which took place during 2010. Hair care brand Brylcreem alone held a 25% value share in men’s grooming in 2012. Brylcreem is an iconic men’s grooming product in Malaysia, which specialises in styling agents. Various types of Brylcreem hair styling agents are available in different formats, such as wax, gel and cream, which allow consumers to pick the most suitable type of styling agents for their daily use.
- Men’s grooming in Malaysia is set to increase by a CAGR of 5% in constant value terms over the forecast period. Malaysia is expected to continue to see high urbanisation, with more male Malaysians predicted to show greater concern about their personal image, hygiene and appearance. Men, particularly the younger generation in the workforce, are willing to spend on men’s grooming products such as men’s deodorants and men’s skin care products to improve their appearance and skin condition. Higher demand for men’s grooming could also come from improving economic conditions, with stronger consumer confidence in spending, in turn leading more Malaysian men to invest in men’s grooming products to improve their image. The higher number of male-specific magazines being published domestically, such as Men’s Health, which are overloaded with information related to men’s grooming trends and recommend men’s grooming products, will also help to raise awareness of men’s grooming needs in Malaysia over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Men's Grooming Market Research Report
Sample Men's Grooming Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Men's Grooming industry in Malaysia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Men's Grooming industry in Malaysia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Men's Grooming in Malaysia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Men's Grooming in Malaysia?
- What are the major brands in Malaysia?
- Are systems or disposable razors and blades more popular in shaving?
- Which men’s category is seeing most dynamic growth?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Beauty and Personal Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Men's Grooming in Malaysia - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Men’s Grooming by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Men’s Grooming by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Men's Razors and Blades by Type: % Value Breakdown 2008-2012
- Table 4 Men’s Grooming NBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 5 Men’s Grooming LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 6 Men's Razors and Blades LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Men’s Grooming by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Men’s Grooming by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 9 Retail Sales of Body Shavers by Type 2007-2012
Men's Grooming in Malaysia - Company Profiles
Tohtonku Sdn Bhd in Beauty and Personal Care (Malaysia)
- Summary 1 Tohtonku Sdn Bhd: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Tohtonku Sdn Bhd: Competitive Position 2012
Beauty and Personal Care in Malaysia - Industry Context
Improved economic performance fuels growth
Malaysians favour nature-inspired products
Multinational players dominate beauty and personal care in 2012
Health and beauty retailers accounts for the strongest share of sales
Positive outlook for beauty and personal care in the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Beauty and personal care encounters a more diverse marketing and advertising approach
Increasing urbanisation fuels growth in beauty and personal care
A rising number of beauty and personal care products incorporate natural ingredients
Manufacturers continue to differentiate their products from those of their rivals with specific value-added and functional benefits
Greater focus on developing gender-specific products
- Table 10 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 13 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 14 Beauty and Personal Care GBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 15 Beauty and Personal Care NBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 16 Beauty and Personal Care LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 17 Penetration of Private Label in Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Distribution Format: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 19 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category and by Distribution Format: % Value Analysis 2012
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 23 Forecast Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 3 Research Sources