- The men’s grooming trend gained substantial traction towards the end of the review period. The United Arab Emirates’ economy continued to recover strongly after the financial crisis of 2009, with increasing disposable incomes and consumer confidence. Immigration also increased again, bringing many professional men to the country whose jobs require high grooming standards. In the past the men’s grooming product assortment in the United Arab Emirates was limited to razors, shaving preparations and deodorants, but in the latter years of the review period the selection greatly increased. Men’s products from premium brands like Lancôme, Dior, Clinique, American Crew, Redken and Kérastase are now available in department stores, salons and multi-brand beauty specialist retailers in the major shopping malls. Men’s lines from beauty specialist retailers The Body Shop, Bath & Body Works and L’Occitane are also available. Because the country’s men are very brand- conscious, take pride in their appearance and are interested in trying new things, these new premium offerings proved to be very popular.
- Procter & Gamble Gulf FZE remained the clear leader in men’s grooming in 2012 with a 36% value share. The company owes its strength to the Gillette brand, which has a longstanding presence in men’s grooming and offers a wide product range, particularly within men’s shaving. The company led men’s post-shave, men’s pre-shave and men’s razors and blades in 2012 with shares of 30%, 50% and 49%, respectively. The company also ranked second in men’s deodorants in 2012 with an 11% value share.
- Men are expected to become increasingly proactive in their attempts to maintain a youthful and well-groomed appearance over the forecast period. This trend will be especially evident among young, professional urban men whose jobs require a high standard of grooming. It is becoming increasingly socially acceptable for men to have a daily grooming regime which includes specialised products like facial moisturisers. The category is expected to post a constant value CAGR of 4% over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Men's Grooming Market Research Report
Sample Men's Grooming Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Men's Grooming industry in United Arab Emirates with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Men's Grooming industry in United Arab Emirates, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Men's Grooming in United Arab Emirates market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Men's Grooming in United Arab Emirates?
- What are the major brands in United Arab Emirates?
- Are systems or disposable razors and blades more popular in shaving?
- Which men’s category is seeing most dynamic growth?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Beauty and Personal Care market research database.
Table of Contents
Men's Grooming in the United Arab Emirates - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Sales of Men’s Grooming by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Sales of Men’s Grooming by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Sales of Men's Razors and Blades by Type: % Value Breakdown 2008-2012
- Table 4 Men’s Grooming NBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 5 Men’s Grooming LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 6 Men's Razors and Blades LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Men’s Grooming by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 8 Forecast Sales of Men’s Grooming by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Beauty and Personal Care in the United Arab Emirates - Industry Context
Market rebounding strongly after economic crisis
Market boosted by recovering immigration and increasing tourist spending
Global multinationals continue to dominate
Hypermarkets and supermarkets the preferred channels for beauty and personal care
Slightly slower but steady growth expected over the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Strong economic recovery drives growth in disposable income
Immigration rapidly rebounds and encourages growth
Shopping opportunities increasingly attract tourists to the United Arab Emirates
Preferred distribution channels for beauty and personal care products shift as retail landscape matures
Natural and organic products remain niche but with significant growth potential
- Table 9 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 10 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 11 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 12 Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 13 Beauty and Personal Care GBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 14 Beauty and Personal Care NBO Company Shares by Value 2008-2012
- Table 15 Beauty and Personal Care LBN Brand Shares by Value 2009-2012
- Table 16 Penetration of Private Label in Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 17 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Distribution Format: % Value Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 18 Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category and by Distribution Format: % Value Analysis 2012
- Table 19 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 20 Forecast Sales of Beauty and Personal Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 21 Forecast Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 22 Forecast Sales of Premium Cosmetics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 1 Research Sources