- During 2012, several product claims were made in nappies/diapers/pants, including anatomic designs which allow babies to move freely, improvements in the absorbent properties of the materials used and superior protection from leaks. In addition to these product enhancements, the leading manufacturers in the category offered jumbo packages in a bid to offer significant cost savings for consumers. These were the most significant trends in nappies/diapers/pants in Mexico during 2012.
- Kimberly-Clark de México SA de CV maintained its lead in nappies/diapers/pants in 2012 with a 70% value share and retail value sales of Mx$19,354 million. Kimberly-Clark offers the brands Huggies and Kleen Bebé, each of which is very well positioned in Mexico. The company uses constant mass media advertising and frequent product innovation to maintain its leadership. The second leading player in nappies/diapers/pants in 2012 was Productos Internacionales Mabe SA de CV with an 8% value share. This company’s main brand in the category is Chicolastic, which is widely recognised for offering high-quality products at affordable prices.
- Nappies/diapers/pants is expected to increase in constant value by 2% over the course of the forecast period, although volume sales are set to decline by 2%. This reason for this is likely to be the slowdown in Mexico’s birth rate. According to estimates of CONAPO, the National Council of Population, Mexico’s birth rate is expected to decline at a rate of 2.5% over the course of the forecast period. As a result of this, demand for nappies/diapers/pants is expected to decrease. However, the declining birth rate in Mexico also has the potential to result in an increase in per capita spending on nappies/diapers/pants as parents with fewer children tend to be able to purchase higher quality products for their babies, driving value sales in nappies/diapers/pants over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Nappies/Diapers/Pants Market Research Report
Sample Nappies/Diapers/Pants Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Mexico with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Mexico, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Mexico market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Mexico?
- What are the major brands in Mexico?
- How are decreasing birth rates in developed economies impact the sales of nappies/diapers/pants?
- Which countries offer the biggest potential for environmentally friendly nappies/diapers?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Mexico - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Nappies/Diapers/Pants Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 4 Nappies/Diapers/Pants Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Mexico - Company Profiles
Kimberly-Clark de México SAB de CV in Tissue and Hygiene (Mexico)
- Summary 1 Kimberly-Clark de México SA de CV: Key Facts
- Summary 2 Kimberly-Clark de México SA de CV: Operational Indicators
- Summary 3 Kimberly-Clark de México SA de CV: Production Statistics 2011
- Summary 4 Kimberly-Clark de México SA de CV: Competitive Position 2012 Retail Value
Lambi SA de CV in Tissue and Hygiene (Mexico)
- Summary 5 Lambi SA de CV: Key Facts
- Summary 6 Lambi SA de CV: Competitive Position 2012 Retail Value
Tissue and Hygiene in Mexico - Industry Context
Sales of tissue and hygiene products observe positive growth
Manufacturers increase the range of jumbo packs on offer
Market segmentation boosts demand and growth in tissue and hygiene
Grocery retailers dominate the retail distribution of tissue and hygiene
Demographic trends are expected to drive growth during the forecast period
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
The presence of private label increases in Mexico
Negative birth rates and an ageing population reshape the market
Environmentally friendly products remain underdeveloped
Consumers seek good value and extra benefits
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2007-2012
- Table 8 Infant Population 2007-2012
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 11 Households 2007-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2012-2017
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 18 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 19 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 21 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 22 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 7 Research Sources