- According to the Derzhkomstat, the Ukrainian National Statistic Office, 355,000 babies were born in the country in 2014, slightly less than in 2012 and more than in 2013. At the same time, consumer demand generally was weak in Ukraine in 2014 as the economic situation continued to deteriorate and more Ukrainians began to feel the negative effects of this, leaving many of them with little or no desire to spend substantial sums of money. Economic difficulties continued to stifle growth in nappies/diapers/pants. In addition, many consumers continue to prefer reusable cloth nappies/diapers, the popularity of which is increasing due to their ecologically sustainable image.
- Procter & Gamble remained the leading player in nappies/diapers/pants in 2014 with a 37% value share. Its famous Pampers brand continued to gain value share during the year thanks to the introduction of a discount pricing policy. The brand remains the most popular brand name for nappies/diapers in Ukraine and Pampers is often used as the generic name for nappies/diapers/pants generally by many Ukrainian consumers. Kimberly-Clark was in second position in the category in 2014 thanks to the popularity of its Huggies brand. Sales of Huggies remain stable thanks to the strong loyalty of its consumer base.
- The birth rate in Ukraine is expected to decline over the forecast period and this, combined with ongoing economic difficulties and declining consumer wellbeing are set to place limits on growth in demand for these products over the forecast period. As a result, nappies/diapers/pants is expected to generate modest value growth in constant 2014 terms over the forecast period.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Nappies/Diapers/Pants Market Research Report
Sample Nappies/Diapers/Pants Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Ukraine with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Ukraine, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Ukraine market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Ukraine?
- What are the major brands in Ukraine?
- How are decreasing birth rates in developed economies impact the sales of nappies/diapers/pants?
- Which countries offer the biggest potential for environmentally friendly nappies/diapers?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Ukraine - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Retail Nappies/Diapers/Pants: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Nappies/Diapers/Pants: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
Tissue and Hygiene in Ukraine - Industry Context
The weak economic situation slows down growth in tissue and hygiene in 2014
Value-for-money products gain momentum in Ukraine
International lead tissue and hygiene in Ukraine
Supermarkets leads the retail distribution of tissue and hygiene products
The prospects for tissue and hygiene are closely linked to the future economic situation
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Demand for tissue and hygiene remains weak in 2014
Ukraine – EU cooperation continues to develop
Low birth rate and the ageing population result in changes to the development of tissue and hygiene in Ukraine
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2009-2014
- Table 8 Infant Population 2009-2014
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2009-2014
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2009-2014
- Table 11 Households 2009-2014
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2014-2019
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2014-2019
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2014-2019
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2014-2019
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2009-2014
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2009-2014
- Table 18 NBO Company Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2010-2014
- Table 19 LBN Brand Shares of Retail Tissue and Hygiene: % Value 2011-2014
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label in Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 21 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format: % Value 2009-2014
- Table 22 Distribution of Retail Tissue and Hygiene by Format and Category: % Value 2014
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Summary 1 Research Sources