- In 2012, the birth rate in Ukraine did not undergo significant changes, just slightly sliding, even though the number of children aged 0-1 reduced more significantly, from 988,000 in 2011 to 950,000 in 2012. In spite of the absence of driving demographic trends, nappies/diapers/pants posted positive growth in 2012, increasing by 3% in both volume and current value terms. The state pays Ukrainian women for giving birth to children (the monthly payments are higher than the lowest salary level), and this social aid allowed more mothers to make use of convenient nappies/diapers/pants more frequently; notwithstanding the persistent negative effects of the economic crisis.
- In 2012 the performance of nappies/diapers/pants was largely shaped by two multinationals: Procter & Gamble Ukraine (Pampers) and Kimberly-Clark Ukraine (Huggies). The companies were pioneers in the category, and are noted for paying attention to innovation. They quickly respond to shifting consumer needs (such as entering the premium segment and offering diverse packaging sizes), and invest a great deal in product advertisements on television, in printed media, at points of sale and through outdoor advertisements. As a result of such activities, both players maintained impressive value shares, accounting for 49% and 35% shares respectively.
- Over the forecast period nappies/diapers/pants is expected to see a slowdown in growth due to saturation and negative demographic trends. A possible second wave of global financial crisis will make Ukrainians less eager to increase the size of their families. Respectively, over the forecast period volume growth is expected to slow down compared with the review period (29% increase between 2007 and 2012), increasing by only 5% in the forecast period to 2017.
Samples (FAQs about samples):
Sample Nappies/Diapers/Pants Market Research Report
Sample Nappies/Diapers/Pants Data
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Ukraine with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Ukraine, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Ukraine market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Ukraine?
- What are the major brands in Ukraine?
- How are decreasing birth rates in developed economies impact the sales of nappies/diapers/pants?
- Which countries offer the biggest potential for environmentally friendly nappies/diapers?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Tissue and Hygiene market research database.
Table of Contents
Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Ukraine - Category Analysis
- Table 1 Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 2 Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 3 Nappies/Diapers/Pants Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 4 Nappies/Diapers/Pants Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 5 Forecast Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Retail Sales of Nappies/Diapers/Pants by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
Tissue and Hygiene in Ukraine - Industry Context
Relative economic stabilisation allows tissue and hygiene to grow
Tissue and hygiene assortment expands with innovations
Multinationals control hygiene, whilst tissue is led by domestic players
Modern retail channels contribute the most to tissue and hygiene value sales
Tissue and hygiene sales will depend on economic developments in the future
KEY TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS
Another year of economic stabilisation – retail sales are driven further
Negative demographic trends are counterbalanced by the search for a better life
Modern retailers – the biggest contributors to value sales
Private label expands, leading to greater affordability in tissue and hygiene
Multinationals lead, whilst local companies have a strong foothold in retail tissue
- Table 7 Birth Rates 2007-2012
- Table 8 Infant Population 2007-2012
- Table 9 Female Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 10 Total Population by Age 2007-2012
- Table 11 Households 2007-2012
- Table 12 Forecast Infant Population 2012-2017
- Table 13 Forecast Female Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 14 Forecast Total Population by Age 2012-2017
- Table 15 Forecast Households 2012-2017
- Table 16 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2007-2012
- Table 17 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2007-2012
- Table 18 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Company Shares 2008-2012
- Table 19 Tissue and Hygiene Retail Brand Shares 2009-2012
- Table 20 Penetration of Private Label by Category 2007-2012
- Table 21 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Distribution Format: % Analysis 2007-2012
- Table 22 Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category and Distribution Format: % Analysis 2012
- Table 23 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 24 Forecast Retail Sales of Tissue and Hygiene by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Summary 1 Research Sources